What's new

adrianomartins

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello,

I had the opportunity to buy Sega WCCF with 4 satellites. The game is based on the Satellite Terminal System, that means 2 Naomi 2 which control the 2 big projectors and in each satellite is another Naomi 2 incl. card reader (Saxa HW 210). All Naomis are connected via a network to a PC, which controls the whole system.

So far everything is working, i.e.
- The game is loaded into the Naomis via the network and the game starts
- All tests (except IC Card Reader) are successful

The only problem is that the IC card is not drawn in (the coil behind the card reader is not activated). I have already checked the following:
- Voltages present at photocell (5V) and solenoid (12V)
- Photocell switches when the card is fully inserted
- Solenoid test successful (Solenoid pulls "arm" back)
- The signal from the photocell arrives at the I/O board but the message to the solenoid does not seem to be passed on
- As the card is not drawn in (coil does not switch), the IC card test returns an R/W error.

The jumpers and dipswitches of Naomi 2 and I/O board 837-13844-02 can be seen on the photos.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• 837-13844-02.jpg
    837-13844-02.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 70
  • naomi2.jpg
    naomi2.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 55
Have you tried bridging the solenoid / coil pin to ground manually to see if it activates then?

Also would you be able to share any photos? This sounds really cool. I’d also love to see exactly how the IC reader is connected to the Naomi if you’d be able to show that?

Awesome project!

From my understanding, if the card reader you have is the same as the one in VT3, the coil is 5v, not 12v.

@adrianomartins I see that the card readers I have have a little lid at the bottom in the metal part. I opened mine and there is like a Simcard tray, but it is empty.
In the manual I found online, it says that there is a security module.
Would you be able to see if your unit has it?

Thanks!

@adrianomartins I see that the card readers I have have a little lid at the bottom in the metal part. I opened mine and there is like a Simcard tray, but it is empty.
In the manual I found online, it says that there is a security module.
Would you be able to see if your unit has it?

Thanks!
@dkeruza Not sure if VT has the same card reader as WCCF. WCCF uses card reader HW210. Which one is in VT? HW211?
HW210 are also protected, but don't know if they are protected in exactly the same way as VT3.

Have you tried bridging the solenoid / coil pin to ground manually to see if it activates then?

Also would you be able to share any photos? This sounds really cool. I’d also love to see exactly how the IC reader is connected to the Naomi if you’d be able to show that?

Awesome project!
Problem solved, the card readers themselves seem to be defective. I haven't analysed exactly what, but with a new card reader everything works again.

Now I have the challenge of the IC cards. These are hard to find for this game. I also tried to copy them with RFID reader, but it seems to be protected.
I have seen that there are software emulators for other, newer games with IC cards and the same card reader. Is there anyone who could help me ‘develop’ the emulation for this game?

Problem solved, the card readers themselves seem to be defective. I haven't analysed exactly what, but with a new card reader everything works again.

Now I have the challenge of the IC cards. These are hard to find for this game. I also tried to copy them with RFID reader, but it seems to be protected.
I have seen that there are software emulators for other, newer games with IC cards and the same card reader. Is there anyone who could help me ‘develop’ the emulation for this game?
That is exactly what I am trying to achieve for the Lindbergh loader we are working with Bobby. But seems like my readers are missing the security module.
In the attachment, I am showing that the "SIM card" like tray is empty.

Attachments

• PXL_20240829_063154779.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240829_063154779.MP.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 12
That is exactly what I am trying to achieve for the Lindbergh loader we are working with Bobby. But seems like my readers are missing the security module.
In the attachment, I am showing that the "SIM card" like tray is empty.
Ok, I have to check mine. Not sure but I think for WCCF is not needed. Also not mentioned in the WCCF manual.

Back