What's new

daskrabs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're looking for an X3 Multi IO solution to use with a JAMMA-wired cab or supergun for an that doesn't involve the $250 JAMMA Fast IO (K91X1204), get any one of the cheaper FAST IO units (I guess there's several), and a Pandora Box Home JAMMA harness instead.

20211203_221940.jpg

You'll need to sand down the sides of the plug and the middle nub so that it fits into the G1 housing, move a few leads into different spots, and put some heat shrink on the 12V and ground lines, but it works, and you'll save $200. I do need to add a Kick Harness plug for buttons 4-5-6, but it works great so far.

It's a fast io, not jvs. But I'll let you know about the extra buttons.

Right you are, sir. I got 4 buttons only on 1234A and 1234B boards. That's weak sauce. Anyone know how to flash or dump these things yet? What model would be the cheapest that supports 6 buttons?

Two more small details:

-The PB harness has no Test switch on the JAMMA edge, but you can remove one of the unused connections like the speaker ones, and connect it from the IO (pin 21) in the G connector and solder to the JAMMA edge (pin 15). Works fine.

-The Coin 1 and 2 inputs on the IO board are disabled by default. Activate them by enabling DIP 1.

Back