What's new

chunksin

Professional
Reaction score
I'm testing a Chihiro type 1 board and trying to get it to netboot but not having much luck. I have the type 1 media board with a known good 512MB netdimm that has tested fine netbooting on a Naomi 2. The system will boot fine, you get the jingle and the Chihiro logo, and immediately an error 31 rather than 'waiting for network' which I'd expect to see on a Naomi board. I can start sending a game to the board, the Chihiro resets and then has a game loading message that stays at 0% while the data is being sent to the netdimm. The game transfer seems to work OK and then the system reboots once more, only to be greeted with another error 31 message. I've tried loading CTHR and OR2 (non-SP) and both do the same thing, I've also tried multiple region settings but no joy. The JVS IO I'm using is a Sega Type B JVS to Jamma and the media board and JVS tests all check out fine. I suspect the issue might be the jumper settings on the Chihiro media board but I can only find settings for Type 3 - does anyone have known good jumper settings they can share for Type 1 please?

thanks,
Rich

Tried many jumper settings and finally found the working combination, there are 2 sets of jumpers, one set under the dimm board on the media board and another underneath on top the Chihiro system board. Images are attached showing the correct positions for netbooting.

Attachments

• IMG_20200711_27188.jpg
    IMG_20200711_27188.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20200711_0140.jpg
    IMG_20200711_0140.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 43
Back