What's new
NeoSD Pro? Why dont you ask for support in the NeoSD forum?

Well, it turned out that the issue was actually related to the NeoSD pro and not the PSU. Here's what I found on the FAQ section of the Neosd Pro manual:

"Q: I loaded my own game but the Neo Geo always boots to crosshatch screen and I can’t enter NeoSD PRO menu.

A: The game header or security code is not recognized by the Neo Geo bios and it doesn’t run the cart, so NeoSD PRO doesn’t even have a chance to boot. Place the MicroSD in your computer
and delete a file named LastGame.cfg. If that file doesn’t exist, NeoSD PRO will present itself as a genuine cart and the menu will load. Then ensure your game program ROM has the proper
Neo Geo game header. It might be a .zip to .neo conversion error."

The file is actually named LastGame.pro, all I had to do was delete it and the console was able to boot to the menu, no issues. I tried 3 games and all of them had the same behaviour, so for some reason the header is not being recognised at all. The solution for me was to delete the LastGame.pro file and set the NeoSD Pro to boot to the menu instead of the last game.

The console still needs some maintenance but I can confirm it has been running solid for a while.

Thanks a lot for your replies, hope this info can help someone else in the future.

Attachments

• IMG-20211228-WA0031.jpg
    IMG-20211228-WA0031.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG-20211228-WA0034.jpg
    IMG-20211228-WA0034.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG-20211228-WA0036.jpg
    IMG-20211228-WA0036.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 128
@FirebrandX posted this useful guide for choosing the right PSU. Please post here your questions related to it.

http://www.firebrandx.com/aespsuguide.html

I've bought from here in the past, they are from France and I've had ZERO problems with these.
retrogamesupply.com/collection…upply-for-snk-neo-geo-aes
Hi

Happy new year firstly !
France shop item is great, i personnaly use this one : Meanwell SGA25E09-P1J (polarity need to be inverted). They are great for Darksoft AES or MVS multi, very stable.

Scratching my head over this one, I have an AES serial: 036027 use PRO-POW which is 5v 3a power adapter - I get graphics artifacts with the Multi Cart (usually dots which appear and disappear)

I purchased a 5v 3a adapter where you can alter the voltage, and I have tried it up to 6v - where the artifacting gets worse, I dare not take it much higher

Don't know what to try next, any help would be appreciated.

Tried the original Cart of Alpha Mission 2 with the plug set at 5v and it works perfectly. If I try the same game on the Multi Cart, I get a vertical line of glitched graphics on the attract screen on the left when the space ship flies past and the screen goes white.

Has anyone run the Multi on an AES with a serial around 035000 and it works perfectly with no graphical artifacts (dots) can you tell me what your Power supply is putting out thanks

Back