What's new

friedgoat

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi,

Brand new and I have limited experience with hoppers in arcade machines.
So I have a Club Kart Prize that I cannot seem to get past the menu, its says IN £24 and £1 play at the bottom on the main menu.
The start button doesnt seem to do anything, but when I go into the test settings, and do an input test, start works fine as does all of the other controls.

I have just received this today, think it might even take old money, I cannot for the life of my find a switch to simulate a coin,
any suggestions?

There a way to bypass the hopper altogether and freeplay?

Thanks, I can’t seem to edit any settings in that menu, and once I leave credit settings there is no way of accessing it again without a full reset. The hopper test also freezes machine

however I did manage to wipe the backup data and that seems to have allowed me to play a couple of games. I did actually win and now have a hopper empty / jam message

Put some coins in the hopper. You should hear it running when it tries to payout. Just make sure the size of the coins aren't 2 much different of those the machine was originally expecting. What hopper is in there? (A square type or an open round type (STC)

Its an open round type that looks a bit like a massive gun barrel!
From what I can tell, if I hit the switch that says fill hopper nothing happens, will that be different if I actually chuck money in there?
From what I have read there is a hopper reset switch?

Basically, if the hopper pays out, a disc rotates and the coins are pushed out. On their way out, they activate a switch or interrupt an opto bridge so they are counted. If the switch isn't activated, the system assumes the hopper is empty or there is a jam preventing pieces to come out. Usually after a short period of time it will turn off the hopper motor and display an error. (If the switch is broken, it would otherwise jackpot which means it would spit out all it's pieces) So usually, there is a button to resume the payout. The fill button could simply reset a counter so that the hopper assumes it has an amount of pieces available for payout. Sometimes the coin acceptor can route coin. If there are sufficient coins in the hopper, it will redirect them to the coin bucket. In such case "fill" would just tell the system that the hopper was initially filled up. (I don't know your system, so my assumptions can be wrong.) Sometimes such hoppers activate another contact if there is enough weight in it, indicating it's full.

Back