What's new
Want To Buy

tronbaby

Student
Reaction score
I’m after a micro usb to CN12 cable to connect a Piforce tools to a Naomi for power.
Anyone know where I can get one?

@Lemony Vengeance has them. Or I could make you one if you need it. You could also mode your Naomi to just have a panel mount USB port to power the pi and can also work with the gpio reset mod.

Yes, sounds interesting, how would that work?
I tried Lemony Vengeance but he seems busy and not got back to me. I don’t want to harass him so was gonna try elsewhere. How much would you charge for making a CN12 cable up?
Thanks

I bought everything to make one myself and then I became curious about how much power those pins are meant to provide... A raspi can pull up to 2 amps depending on usage... but I would say more like 0.5 an amp in normal operation? Is it safe to pull 2a of 5v continuously through the naomi? Is that a direct passthrough to the psu 5v? Either way it's kind of a lot of power to just add onto/through your naomi no?

Its basically a passthrough at the filterboard from the psu connector to the C12, show it should be ok. When I do the usb mod I solder directly to the PSU connector pins. Been thinking about adding a fuse it just in case of a short on the ubs cable happens just as a precaution.

@Lemony Vengeance has them. Or I could make you one if you need it. You could also mode your Naomi to just have a panel mount USB port to power the pi and can also work with the gpio reset mod.
Yes, sounds interesting, how would that work?
I tried Lemony Vengeance but he seems busy and not got back to me. I don’t want to harass him so was gonna try elsewhere. How much would you charge for making a CN12 cable up?
Thanks
depression, mingled with a full schedule, is a hell of a thing. I'll dig through my PMs and reply to yall.

*invoice sent*

Last edited:
This sounds super convenient. Where would I find info on it?
IMG_2414.jpg

Panel mount usb connector mounted on the filter board / directly soldered to the PSU connector.

depression, mingled with a full schedule, is a hell of a thing. I'll dig through my PMs and reply to yall.
Wow, take it easy man, depression is serious stuff to deal with. Hopefully you are seeking help on this. Keep your spirits high bro :thumbsup:

Back