What's new
Probably a dumb question, but are there controller adapters for each of the systems supported by the MC Cthulhu or for some is it simply expected to make your own cable? Perfectly fine to do so, I'm just wondering if there's a quick solution.

I'll keep an eye out for the next batch!

Yeah, I just found the part where it says MC Cthulhu is compatible with the brook board. My bad. Haha

I'm just trying to think of what the best set up is for multiple consoles with this may be. No crazy rj45 switch or anything is available, right?
An RJ45 switch would be neat. But I just connect them manually.

FYI: Keep in mind, you have to have the cabinet powered up before you connect the RJ45, or the MC Cthulhu is not going to register the connection. Don't know if having a switch for this would benefit or not.

One thing I was thinking of doing is getting a cheap 6-port DB25 connector (i think 6 consoles is all I'd want to support on a cabinet) and wiring 2 RJ45 outputs for the MC Cthulhu's (P1 and P2), then having the console cable inputs for each console. That way I can just switch between the console manually and not have to re-connect the RJ45 all the time.
DB25-6-port-switch-KVM_MED.jpg

Quick update for all those who ordered. I have finished assembly of all units, however it turns out that I got ahold of some fake LM1881 sync stripper chips which do not play nice with the sync combiner on the VGA hat. I've ordered replacements from Digikey, and will be swapping them out as soon as I get them. I had them shipped 2 day air, but this will probably mean that shipping the completed JAMMAizers will be delayed until Monday. I apologize for this delay, that's what I get for buying parts at prices that seem too good to be true.

It's laughable that i havent heard of the jammaizer until now. Truly amazing work 👏

Two (hopefully) quick questions: @Arthrimus no worries on the delay- the product is more than worth it...but out of curiosity, if I order an MC Cthuhlu board today, would it be able to be shipped alongside the jammaizer I ordered? Or is the processing time a little too far out?

Also, for anyone else, PA is unsurprisingly out of MC Cthulhu chips :rolleyes: Anyone happen to have some spares or know where I can nab one?

Two (hopefully) quick questions: @Arthrimus no worries on the delay- the product is more than worth it...but out of curiosity, if I order an MC Cthuhlu board today, would it be able to be shipped alongside the jammaizer I ordered? Or is the processing time a little too far out?

Also, for anyone else, PA is unsurprisingly out of MC Cthulhu chips :rolleyes: Anyone happen to have some spares or know where I can nab one?
What about using a brooks retro board from arcade shock? Any reason to use one over the other?

What about using a brooks retro board from arcade shock? Any reason to use one over the other?
other than cost I guess nothing actually? Maybe also shipping speed if it could be bundled with the jammaizer, but if theres no chips available then I guess it wouldnt matter anyway :whistling:

PA has been out of the standalone replacement MC Cthulhu upgrade chips ($15) for quite a while, and I don't know if they will be restocking them. I ended up buying the full MC Cthulhu kit ($35) and extracting the control chip to put in Arthrimus's MC Cthulhu EX Upgrade PCB.

It's unfortunately much more expensive ($70 for two controllers vs. $30), but they are in stock.

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/products/mc-cthulhu-multi-console-pcb-by-toodles

It's unfortunately much more expensive ($70 for two controllers vs. $30), but they are in stock.

painful, but not surprised :hungover:

Thinkin I might just go with the brooks retro board option. comes out to be about the same and if I find another use for it, I've got some spare universal boards I could double up with. Speaking of which, anyone got a link to some spare 20-pin or whatever count they are headers? I have an extra brooks universal I got forever ago without the pins pre-installed, so that'd probably make for a good donor while it's on my mind

I highly recommend the Brook Retro Board. It has better PS1/PS2 compatibility than the MC Cthulhu which is pretty finicky when you have more than one connected at the same time.

I personally never had any PS1/2 issues with multiple MC Cthulhu connected. Can you elaborate on this?
Compatibility with games? Or compatibility issues with certain consoles?

I believe that it might be an issue that affects certain consoles. I've had a lot of issues with MC Cthulu boards not responding to any inputs if more than one is connected to my Playstation at a time. I assumed that there was some sort of bus conflict between the controllers due possibly to an imperfect implementation of the playstation's controller protocol, but I've never looked too deeply into it. It could be my setup, but the Brook Retro Board does not exhibit the same behavior with multiple boards connected to the same console. I'm using the same RJ45 cables for both so I'm pretty sure that's not the source of the problem.

@Arthrimus that explains so much. I had a hell of a time trying to put together a console to jamma setup prior to your product coming out. I thought I was going crazy when I wasn't able to use two MC Cthulhu connected controllers simultaneously. I knew for sure both boards worked but it only recognized one at a time on PSX, or it works with two controllers when the other one is an OEM PSX pad. Never worked with both controllers wired to MC Cthulhu boards. Zero issues with multiple Brook retro boards, likewise on my end. All of this was consistent behavior across both the PSOne and 7501 PSX models that I tested with.

I haven't tested yet with more than two Brook retro boards on the same console. Hopefully the games that support the 4 player extension won't give me issues with the Brook retro board. I have some stuff I'd like to try in 4 player mode with a head-to-head cab setup, for PSX and PS2.

Somewhat unrelated but an FYI since we're talking PSX support. Brook retro board does not support Genesis natively but it does work when you connect a PSX cable to a PSX-to-Genesis controller adapter. Likewise for PC Engine - I've been using a PSX-to-PCE adapter. It's a tremendous experience playing both consoles on a cabinet via control panel.

One more quick update for this round of orders. Since Fed-Ex's definition of 2 day air shipping is apparently more like 5 day shipping I only just got the replacement LM1881 chips today. I did manage to get them all swapped out and tested. We're all good now and all orders have been packed, labeled, and are ready to ship out tomorrow.

I'd also like to announce that I will be doing another 10 unit run that will be available on Sunday February 21st at 12:00pm Central time (for real this time). Anybody who missed out this time will have a second chance. I hope to make this a regular occurrence going forward.

Last edited:
Arthrimus. Did you mean Sunday February 21st or the 28th? The 25th is on a Thursday.

I mentioned 2 dates but you forgot to mention which one. The 21st or the 28th of February for the next batch?
The 21st. I updated my previous post and the title of the thread with the correct date.

Back