What's new
@Arthrimus sorry to bother you as well, i tried to update my jammaizer with the hex file you posted a few days ago and i got an error during the process. i wrote here at the time but unfortunately haven't heard from you so far.

I didn't have the time to try out if i've bricked my jammaier by doing, but it sound like i probably have ;(

Mine came in a couple of days ago but haven't had the chance to test it yet.
Before I do use it, I just wanted to verify if it's safe to connect an xbox 360 running in 31khz to the vga hat on the jammaizer to a trisync (auto syncing)monitor (thus sending 31khz over jamma) ? I may have an issue with the vga input on my chassis so want to bypass that.

A quick Google suggests it should be OK? Just want to double check.
Thanks

@Arthrimus sorry to bother you as well, i tried to update my jammaizer with the hex file you posted a few days ago and i got an error during the process. i wrote here at the time but unfortunately haven't heard from you so far.

I didn't have the time to try out if i've bricked my jammaier by doing, but it sound like i probably have ;(
I looked back at what you posted. It is probably a problem with your AVRDUDE install of configuration. I use AVRDUDESS to program these and the file on the Github is the exact same file I programmed onto my own JAMMAizer. I just programmed it again to test and had no issues. Maybe try searching for the AVRDUDE error and see if there is a solution for it. Otherwise maybe try setting up a fresh installation of AVRDUDESS.

Mine came in a couple of days ago but haven't had the chance to test it yet.
Before I do use it, I just wanted to verify if it's safe to connect an xbox 360 running in 31khz to the vga hat on the jammaizer to a trisync (auto syncing)monitor (thus sending 31khz over jamma) ? I may have an issue with the vga input on my chassis so want to bypass that.

A quick Google suggests it should be OK? Just want to double check.
Thanks

Can't confirm with a 360, but I switched to using the jammaizer vga instead of my blasts onboard vga to play fightcade on my cab with arcadeosd/emudriver. I've sent both 31khz and 15khz signals through the vga hat (and thus through jamma) with no problems! Just make sure to set that switch on the hat in the right direction depending on your sync type, and set it back if you need to when/if you go to use the scart input later on. I'd suggest watching the youtube video arthrimus has on the jammaizer store page and listening in on when he talks about the vga hat- that's all that I really followed and it's worked great so far.

I looked back at what you posted. It is probably a problem with your AVRDUDE install of configuration. I use AVRDUDESS to program these and the file on the Github is the exact same file I programmed onto my own JAMMAizer. I just programmed it again to test and had no issues. Maybe try searching for the AVRDUDE error and see if there is a solution for it. Otherwise maybe try setting up a fresh installation of AVRDUDESS.

I used the portable version of AVRDUDESS - i'll try again in the next few days and tell you when i find the problem

Thanks man!

Can't confirm with a 360, but I switched to using the jammaizer vga instead of my blasts onboard vga to play fightcade on my cab with arcadeosd/emudriver. I've sent both 31khz and 15khz signals through the vga hat (and thus through jamma) with no problems! Just make sure to set that switch on the hat in the right direction depending on your sync type, and set it back if you need to when/if you go to use the scart input later on. I'd suggest watching the youtube video arthrimus has on the jammaizer store page and listening in on when he talks about the vga hat- that's all that I really followed and it's worked great so far.
Great! Thanks for the info. I'll check out the video

Well actually it sort of is. I've not done a great job of documenting it yet, but you can download the Gerber's and make one for yourself using the Github Repository there are also HEX files for the button remapping chip and and the Home/Select emulation chip included on the Github as well. Eventually I'll find time to document everything and make it far easier for people to DIY, but I just don't have the time right now.

Any chance you can post the Altium/EagleCAD/KiCAD/EasyEDA files? Really want to take a whack at making expansion boards for JAMMAizer.

And thanks so much for making this open source. So good! I will post the Daemonbite Arcade Controller PCB to keep up with the faith.

I was looking for a way to use pad hacks with JAMMAizer without unscrewing the terminals each time I switch consoles. So I swooped up some 2.54mm dupont connects and came up with this inexpensive solution. The bite on the connection is very snug and doesn't come off easily at all.

PadHack01.jpg

PadHack02.jpg

I picked up a couple Brook UFBs and Brook Wingmans to use XBOX360, Saturn and Dreamcast with a Jammaizer.

Should it be plug and play? Any firmware or updates needed? The Brook UFBs didn’t seem to register working for inputs so far.

I picked up a couple Brook UFBs and Brook Wingmans to use XBOX360, Saturn and Dreamcast with a Jammaizer.

Should it be plug and play? Any firmware or updates needed? The Brook UFBs didn’t seem to register working for inputs so far.
the wingman SD actually did just get an update this month, so I would check on that, but also when I first tried using my ufb on the jammaizer, it didn't work immediately either. I had to reseat a few times and really make sure it was on there well enough before it really kicked in. Make sure it's pushed in far enough onto the socket; you can check continuity between the top of the ufb (technically the bottom once its plugged in) and the bottom of the jammaizer to confirm as well.

short update:

i tried again yesterday evening, as soon as i changed the format from "Intel Hex" to "Auto (writing only)" it worked-

Stick works again, but button presses don't work yet - i suppose i need to recofigure them after the firmware update and i ran out of time. And i remember it took me some time to get my brook ufb to run properly.

Anybody have issues using two brook pcbs? I am using two Zero pis and player 1 registers all 6 buttons but player 2 only ever registers 4 buttons (stick works) hooked up to a Mister. I believe I get the same behavior on my Saturn as well. Gonna try buying a new usb cable and using a converter for player 2 to see if I get different behavior.

Anybody have issues using two brook pcbs? I am using two Zero pis and player 1 registers all 6 buttons but player 2 only ever registers 4 buttons (stick works) hooked up to a Mister. I believe I get the same behavior on my Saturn as well. Gonna try buying a new usb cable and using a converter for player 2 to see if I get different behavior.
If you hook up only the second PCB are all 6 buttons registered?

Made a PCB in the form factor originated by the Akishop's PS360+ (now popularized by Brook) for the Daemonbite Arcade Encoder. Putting it through it's paces with MAME and JAMMAizer now. Particularly interested if it solves the inability for Windows to enumerate HID USB Gamepads on a cold boot up of Windows 7 on some PC's encountered with the MC Cthulhu. This is a problem I encountered with my MAME builds and spurred exploration into the Daemonbite encoder. BTW, JAMMAizer is fantastic for MAME! Flexible enough for both stereo based cabs and JAMMA audio based cabs. No need to wire up an audio amp like you have to do with a J-Pac. And does a much better job amping the video than J-Pac, IMO.

Should be greatly helpful as an excellent low latency low cost controller to run MAME, MiSTer, RPi, PS2 & PS3 along with JAMMAizer. Pretty much, this is an alternative to the Brook Pi Zero board, but at less than half the cost and may be even faster in terms of latency. I purposefully did not add screw terminals because I feel it is better anyway to make a harness (like this one) with a 2x10 2.54mm connector; keeps the cost lower too if you ever want to use this in a fight stick or stuff it under your arcade CP. The connectors are even cheaper if ordering from China/eBay, as are the 2x10 pin headers.

If all is successful, I will release the gerber in keeping with the opensource spirit of the encoder and JAMMAizer.

DaemonBiteEncoder.jpg

If you hook up only the second PCB are all 6 buttons registered?
Same behavior. Only 4 buttons work.

Edit: Ive swapped between both Zero pi boards and same outcome on player 2 side.

Last edited:
For Jammaizer, is it possible to consistently use a Brook UFB to Brook Wingman SD? It worked once in about the 20 times I tried it with one of the two controllers. The Jammaizer seems fine but the issue seems between the two Brook boards, as mentioned above, maybe it is due to the firmware on the Wingman SD but the software on both a Mac and a PC will not update either of the WingmanSD boards.

Last edited:
For Jammaizer, is it possible to consistently use a Brook UFB to Brook Wingman SD? It worked once in about the 20 times I tried it with one of the two controllers. The Jammaizer seems fine but the issue seems between the two Brook boards, as mentioned above, maybe it is due to the firmware on the Wingman SD but the software on both a Mac and a PC will not update either of the WingmanSD boards.
You try it in arcade stick mode? You'll see constant red led in both lights.

So I recently tried my jammaizer with my sanwa pfx and I think I have a sync issue. The jammaizer works correctly when connected via scart however when I try to connect via the vga hat on the jammaizer I get a scrambled picture. When I connect the vga cable from the xbox to the monitor the picture is also fine. Whats going on here? I would leave it alone but the same thing is happening when i connect the pc to the cab
bc-sync.jpg

So I recently tried my jammaizer with my sanwa pfx and I think I have a sync issue. The jammaizer works correctly when connected via scart however when I try to connect via the vga hat on the jammaizer I get a scrambled picture. When I connect the vga cable from the xbox to the monitor the picture is also fine. Whats going on here? I would leave it alone but the same thing is happening when i connect the pc to the cab
bc-sync.jpg
There's a small silver switch somewhere near the vga hat to change some sync settings. I have to flip it to play 360 and pc, but back to default for other things. I forget EXACTLY what it does, but arth explains more in his breakdown video on the store page.

Back