What's new
You try it in arcade stick mode? You'll see constant red led in both lights.
How do you set up the Brook UFB in arcade stick mode? I personally find the instructions for both the Brook UFB and the Brook Wingman SD to be fairly unclear. I believe the two times I got the Brook UFB to work with the Wingman SD, I was holding down player 1 button 3 to force XBox360 mode. I can't imagine I'd have to do something like that on both joysticks while hitting power everytime I would turn it on. The Jammaizer itself seems to work great in all respects.

How do you set up the Brook UFB in arcade stick mode? I personally find the instructions for both the Brook UFB and the Brook Wingman SD to be fairly unclear. I believe the two times I got the Brook UFB to work with the Wingman SD, I was holding down player 1 button 3 to force XBox360 mode. I can't imagine I'd have to do something like that on both joysticks while hitting power everytime I would turn it on. The Jammaizer itself seems to work great in all respects.
You dont have to do it every time and you actually dont need it in arcade stick mode for the Saturn as it works fine on my setup. Its something like hold home and y or home and x for different modes while plugging into the wingman. It works using basically any other brook pcb really. Make sure everything is connected tight especially directly to the jammaizer

Anyone use this for mame with a weiya m3129d? I can adjust it to look pretty good, but im getting brightness/contrast fluctuations depending on the image. Anyone know anything i can do to fix this?
Disclaimer: I made this one myself from the files Arthrimus posted on github

I have an issue with button mapping. Any reboot all set erase, my stick run but no button. I must remap. Any solution.

You dont have to do it every time and you actually dont need it in arcade stick mode for the Saturn as it works fine on my setup. Its something like hold home and y or home and x for different modes while plugging into the wingman. It works using basically any other brook pcb really. Make sure everything is connected tight especially directly to the jammaizer
Do you have any further thoughts? I’m unable to use a Brook UFB with a WingmanSD on the Jammaizer currently. The Wingman is just flashing a red light. Thanks

I also have a couple MC Cthula boards. Perhaps I can buy some RJ45 cables for Saturn and Dreamcast if necessary if they work with that.

Anyone use this for mame with a weiya m3129d? I can adjust it to look pretty good, but im getting brightness/contrast fluctuations depending on the image. Anyone know anything i can do to fix this?
Disclaimer: I made this one myself from the files Arthrimus posted on github
That’s the monitor I'm using I believe. Make sure all your cables are secure and flip the sync combiner switcher on the Jammaizer once or twice. That seems to stabilize an image for what was seemingly missing a color or was getting brighter and dimmer every few seconds.

Last edited:
That’s the monitor I'm using I believe. Make sure all you cables are secure and flip the sync combiner switcher on the Jammaizer once or twice. That seems to stabilize an image for that was seemingly missing a color or was getting brighter and dimmer ever few seconds.
I did some testing, at 31k the image seems fine, nice and bright. At 15k the image is pretty dark. I've pumped up the brightness almost to max and put contrast down to just below halfway and the image seems okay now, good enough while in game, I think I'm just being picky. It's probably just the chassis being difficult, because the jammaizer works great at 31k

I did some testing, at 31k the image seems fine, nice and bright. At 15k the image is pretty dark. I've pumped up the brightness almost to max and put contrast down to just below halfway and the image seems okay now, good enough while in game, I think I'm just being picky. It's probably just the chassis being difficult, because the jammaizer works great at 31k
On the Jammaizerboard, I also turned the RGB pot adjusments all the way to max brightness which did help a good bit.

Do you have any further thoughts? I’m unable to use a Brook UFB with a WingmanSD on the Jammaizer currently. The Wingman is just flashing a red light. Thanks

I also have a couple MC Cthula boards. Perhaps I can buy some RJ45 cables for Saturn and Dreamcast if necessary if they work with that.
I don't know if anyone has mentioned before but upon powering on my cab (usually leave it off for days at a time until I get around to firing up my mister), the lights for both pcbs glow solid red and don't turn off until i power the cabinet down and this is before I power any console on. I flip the power back on to the cabinet a second time and this time the pcbs glow red only for a split second but the controls won't work until I power cycle at least a third but usually no more than a fourth time and then my mister recognizes all 6 buttons on both p1 and p2 side. Hope that helps and again you don't necessarily need the wingmans in arcade mode for them to work on dc/saturn.

So I have a JAMMAizer and I want to connect my original XBOX to it and run it in my Jamma cab. (it's a modded XBOX running Coinops)

Do I just need an XBOX to SCART cable?

I'm totally new to the console stuff as well as to the JAMMAizer.

Last edited:
Forgive what may be a stupid question but could this be used to connect a PC to an arcade monitor through the VGA input on the device?

Forgive what may be a stupid question but could this be used to connect a PC to an arcade monitor through the VGA input on the device?
Yep it works perfectly for that, great upgrade to a something like a jpac because it also routes audio through to the jamma edge. It doesn't perform any downscaling so you'll of course need to configure your PC to output 15khz and/or 31khz

Yep it works perfectly for that, great upgrade to a something like a jpac because it also routes audio through to the jamma edge. It doesn't perform any downscaling so you'll of course need to configure your PC to output 15khz and/or 31khz
Just a side note, today I went from PC (640X480, 31KHz)->GBS Control (to downscale to 240p, 15KHz)->Jammaizer->Arcade Monitor and the setup worked perfectly! So happy I won't need to to mess with Windows special video drivers and all of that anymore.

Just a side note, today I went from PC (640X480, 31KHz)->GBS Control (to downscale to 240p, 15KHz)->Jammaizer->Arcade Monitor and the setup worked perfectly! So happy I won't need to to mess with Windows special video drivers and all of that anymore.
I've actually been doing the CRTEmudriver/ArcadeOSD > Jammaizer for awhile- any way to get some pictures of how things look on-screen through your setup? Also, have there been any good write-ups on any added lag from the GBSC? Only looked into the GBSC from over the fence so I havent delved too deep into the specifics. I have the cabs hooked up this way atm to play Fightcade, so while ditching ArcadeOSD sounds like a dream, I would be a little warry if it adds any extra lag via processing or etc.

From what I've read the GBSC will add 8ms of lag when downscaling to 240p, so half a frame. I'll try to take some pictures later, but I don't consider myself to be a good photographer. I am moving this setup to my big blue cab so I can setup fightcade as well for the time being.

I've actually been doing the CRTEmudriver/ArcadeOSD > Jammaizer for awhile- any way to get some pictures of how things look on-screen through your setup? Also, have there been any good write-ups on any added lag from the GBSC? Only looked into the GBSC from over the fence so I havent delved too deep into the specifics. I have the cabs hooked up this way atm to play Fightcade, so while ditching ArcadeOSD sounds like a dream, I would be a little warry if it adds any extra lag via processing or etc.
Do you guys ever lose synch? I have the MiniKab PC which uses CRTEmudriver and a J-pac and sometimes it will just randomly lose synch with the monitor in the middle of a match which has turned me off from using it.

I'd love to be able to use fightcade in a candy cab again without feeling like I need to spring for a vewlix/something with an HDMI monitor.

Do you guys ever lose synch?

Nope.

It takes a little configuring in fightcade/fbneo to lock into the correct super res, but I've never once had an issue with losing sync mid-match.

I WILL say that some programs are weird with arecadeOSD/Emudriver and they'll override whatever video setting you have by force to whatever it wants. I always have to manually change from super resolutions to 640x480 whenever I want to play something like MVC2/CVS2/Project justice via NullDCBear. Looked into all the different options for configuring the video options in nullDC etc, but it just seems to be picky. If I don't change the res/refresh rate before booting nullDC, it tries to display at the wrong rate and I have to manually set it back. I have a tri-sync monitor so I'm not too concerned, though I would have my worries if I had to deal with this using a 15khz only setup.

Don't think I'm quite up for the extra lag from the GBSC even though it does sound like a great option to lock in a constant 15khz, but it does mean I do have to keep this super short list of programs that have picky resolution exceptions.

Back