What's new
I asked for one last year:

I hate my Netdimm so very much, Naomi Multicart pls!!!!!
Interestingly enough, I burned my first ever Zero Key chips this weekend. Found something interesting in one major source for the instructions on how to compile that on the web. Once I solved that, I never got the same Error 22 codes that you ran into ever again.

A NAomi multicart, oh man, this is beginning to sound like another Darksoft project :D
I asked for one last year:
I hate my Netdimm so very much, Naomi Multicart pls!!!!!

basically, no one was interested since most ppl netboot or use th pi.

also compared to other project requests like a cave multi or toaplan multi, Naomi mobos are cheap and easy to source.
I forgot that you did.

Netbooting is great and all, but a proper multicart that just plugs in, thats gold. I would ditch the whole netdimm. If a multi cart for the Naomis cost $400-500, it would still be worth it getting, just to not have to deal with getting a netdimm and all other hardwware, deal with the setup, etc.. The only reason to use a netdimm at that point would be to push the same game to multiple naomis.

Maybe we can persuade Darksoft to work on this :whistling:

You know... We have sacrifice one goat, three chickens and one virgin in order to summon @Darksoft to this thread

You know... We have sacrifice one goat, three chickens and one virgin in order to summon @Darksoft to this thread
I say we cook him the goat and the chickens; the virgin is out, thats a dealbreaker with his wife. Then, we entice him with a mini vacation so he can recharge and then get to work on a naomi multi after he is done releasing the MVS/AES multi :D

If you just take the children for about 3 months, I'll be a happy man. Please return safe and sound :)

Given the size of the games, this definitely would look like the NEOGEO Cart, so a design with FPGA and DDR and we would be again on the same price range of $400. Of course loading time in this case would be like 20 seconds... and from microsd...

In this case, wouldn't it be better to have flash instead of ddr? DDR sounds a lot netdimm style, but the netdimm is battery backed (so instant loading)

Flash would allow instant load all the time

how long is that battery holding the game? It could be done with flashes, although I'd need about 128 flash chips for a 512Mb version. 64 of them for a 256Mb version :)

the netdimm battery holds the memory for about a day with normal use (i guess it depends how trashed the battery is)

I have 256mb in my Netdimm and seems to cover everything (didnt make an exhaustive test thought)

64 flash chips is a lot? :D

the netdimm battery holds the memory for about a day with normal use (i guess it depends how trashed the battery is)

I have 256mb in my Netdimm and seems to cover everything (didnt make an exhaustive test thought)

64 flash chips is a lot? :D
at 6 EUR each flash chip, make the numbers...

Yes yes 10000 times YES!

We NEED a true multi cart for Naomi, CF and Netboot I'm sorry to say both suck!

Cart before the horse boys. Right now we just need to know how to convert GDROM games to cart.

Obviously I don't know anything technical about all this but at the $400ish price point, it would be very reasonable. I think the carts for Marvel Capcom 2 and Zero Gunner 2 together would cost about that much.

Back