What's new

Tash

Beginner
Reaction score
So the short version is that I bought a Dinosaur King control panel in order to run Mushiking on the Naomi 2, but the guy selling it also threw in a bunch of extra stuff he had laying around (including the whole Sega System SP board that came with Dinosaur King, but with no management chip so I can't DO anything with it...). So now I've got this Love and Berry control panel sitting around that I'd like to try to do something with.

I don't know much about how emulation works or how the game reads input from the reader, so I figured I'd ask: How viable would it be to convert the original arcade card reader to a PC input and have an emulated version of Love and Berry actually interact with it correctly? I remember someone telling me long ago that the barcode readers these games use are an industry standard (and suggested you could just wire any R-232 barcode slot reader into a Sega System SP and it would work the same as the official one) so it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch for a PC to be able to interface with it.

The game's a huge historical curiosity, so I'd love to be able to show people what it was. But I feel like the card swiping mechanic is so integral to the game that trying to play without it is like trying to play DDR without the pad. The cards themselves are notoriously easy to reproduce (for demonstrative purposes), so it would just boil down to if I could get them to scan. Especially since the game had a notoriously small release here in the states, so most people have probably never even heard of it.

Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• unnamed(3).jpg
    unnamed(3).jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 65
Back