What's new
I was recommending against it, per the chip manufacturer's own rating. If you decide you want to invalidate that and say it's "not true" then you should be prepared to stand behind that statement.

I have no problems with you summarizing the experience of others. I DO have a problem if you want start recommending people do things against the advice of others and then not willing to stand behind that recommendation.
Maybe you should take up your fight over here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/10-mhz-to-12-mhz.11704/

Maybe you should take up your fight over here:
I don't have a problem with that thread.
I DO have a problem if you want start recommending people do things against the advice of others and then not willing to stand behind that recommendation.
I don't see any of that in the thread you linked to.

I don't have any problem with your advice. My problem is how you decide to issue your advice implying that advice counter to your own is "Not True" and then refusing to stand behind your own position.

For what it's worth i've been running several 10M (and even an 8M ;) ) 68k's at 12M for years (both PLCC and DIP versions), never had one fail yet.
Also a lot of cps1 bootlegs have 10M 68k's running at 12M and again, i've never seen one with dead cpu yet (and i've seen a lot of them).
If you want to do it properly, just pick up a scrap/corroded MVS (MV1FZ, MV1A etc.) they're common/cheap enough and have same PLCC 68k as cps1 but 12M 8o

I got a box of old CPS1 stuff and found this one. Didn't know this was a thing,12Mhz long board:

20221028_205231.jpg
20221028_205221.jpg
20221028_205216.jpg

Last edited:
My CPS1 SFII Hyper Fighting only plays Sound and no Image. How would I go about Troubleshooting this? Any Tips would be Greatly appreciated.

There's a ton of threads around here on how to TS CPS1 issues. In a nutshell, you need another working a/b/c stack to troublehoot.

Back