What's new

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Price: $45
20220603_151834.jpg

Kick to filterboard extension cables required for use with CPS1 games!

This device allows you to use Neo-geo controllers or DB15 adapters to play as player 3 and 4 in games that allow it. This will work with all cps1 and cps1.5 games by just plugging it into the filterboard. This version does require a wire to be soldered in order to use the third button on Saturday Night Slammasters. These are the only games affected.

Thus adapter also has a cps2 kick adapter for street fighter games. The cps2 kick connector is not routed for 3 and 4 player use.

This adapter comes with a 2-pin connector and power harness to add 5v to the adapter for devices that use it such as undamned's decoders. There is an empty spot on the front corner of the multi to solder the 2-pin connector.

Last edited:
Hi @Mitsurugi-w - this adapter should work for the 3rd player for Cadillacs and Dinosaurs - right? When I go into the test menu, with my NeoGeo bad plugged in, the directions work, but button 1 and 2 do not light up at all regarldess of the button I press on the controller (A-D).

Thanks,

Matt

Hi @Mitsurugi-w - this adapter should work for the 3rd player for Cadillacs and Dinosaurs - right? When I go into the test menu, with my NeoGeo bad plugged in, the directions work, but button 1 and 2 do not light up at all regarldess of the button I press on the controller (A-D).

Thanks,

Matt
Maybe a stupid question, but did you install the kick harness from the filter to the multi?

Maybe a stupid question, but did you install the kick harness from the filter to the multi?

Not a stupid question - I did install it...

I also tried a HAS db15 to Jamma adapter - and it worked, with my saturn controller.

Maybe the neogeo pad isn't supported? Not sure if it needs power.

Matt

So it works with ubdamned decoder but not with a Neo stick? That's weird. It was designed with Neo sticks in mind. Should work fine if the undamned adapter is working.

For me, it worked with the NeoGeo stick and C&D so that we could play 3player. I also had an extension cable connected fot the stick.

I dunno. I didnt test with that controller. I don't think neo consoles put 5v on the controller ports tho.

I’d like to know the above as well please!

I’m finally installing the bits I bought to get the multi going and would like to get this sorted during the install

@Mitsurugi-w, just confirming the pinout for the 5v on the helper adapter

The 5v as per the silk screen is on pin 2 of the connector and the 5v on the multi board is on pin 1?

Thanks

20230427_133841.jpg

Just match up 5v to 5v when you install the header on the multi and you are good to go.

I don't have a fnal revision multi and I designed my adapter before he added the header. If its confusing because of that I apologize.

Are you able to shed any light on that extra wire needed for slam master? Thanks!

Back