What's new
Want To Buy

NeTaXe

Student
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm looking for a CPS1 C-Board with IC CPS-B-21 as the one I have has issues.

Anyone got a spare perhaps and willing to sell? Thanks, E

Just mentioning, you could find a scrap CPS2 A-Board. That has the CPS-B-21 chip in it. Then find someone capable of moving it into your C-Board.

i can do you one for £30 plus delivery

its teh Street Fighter 2 WW version with CPS-B-21 chip on it

Last edited:
Just mentioning, you could find a scrap CPS2 A-Board. That has the CPS-B-21 chip in it. Then find someone capable of moving it into your C-Board.
he'd have more chance to win the lottery ;)
more than likely the chip just needs to be re-mounted because some legs have come loose.
someone could do that with a normal soldering iron.

he'd have more chance to win the lottery ;)more than likely the chip just needs to be re-mounted because some legs have come loose.
someone could do that with a normal soldering iron.
I was assuming he already tried to solder it. I heard reports of B-21 chips going bad for no particular reason and have witnessed myself (in my case it was a CPS2 A-Board).

CPS2 is a lot more common and I wouldn't think twice about killing an CPS2 A-Board which I happen to have a dozen of to fix a rare CPS1 game.

Thanks Guys for all the replies. The whole sync circuit all the way up to the CPS-B-21 chip was fried for this particular CPS game. The 220 resistor on the A board, the 74LS08 on the B board, have replaced those and tested with the C board from my SF2 CE.

Thanks for your suggestion l_oliveira, didn't know a CPS2 A board has the same IC. I'll look into this but doubt I can find someone with the skills to do this for cheap.

Back