What's new

Ermac

Student
Reaction score
hello friends.
I hope I don't cause any inconvenience if I expose my problem on this site.
I just acquired this fully functional cps1 pcb but the pcb had the daimakaimura game programmed but I already have that original game and I want to leave this pcb in its original state because the c board is from an sf2ce and I don't have that game yet . I downloaded the world 920513 rom, I used 27c4002 memories for all the programming because the pcb is an ep-rom type and for the sound I used 1x27c512 and 2x27c1001, I burned a gal16v8d for location 1a with the jed S9263b.jed format but when turned on I have graphic problems on the pcb.
Is there a special sf2ce rom for this type of jedec ep-rom type pcb? I already checked the programming again and it is well burned and well inserted in its locations.
I added that the 3 floors or 3 boards work correctly with any other game, the problem is in the programming and I think it is the wrong rom.

Attachments

• IMG_20240209_175243.jpg
    IMG_20240209_175243.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20240209_175232.jpg
    IMG_20240209_175232.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20240209_175146.jpg
    IMG_20240209_175146.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Before going any further, did you see the board working and running Daimakaimura or did you buy it, remove the ROMs and convert back to SF2? It is very possible the A custom is bad

Assuming that it was working, were the jumpers changed for the conversion? What type of EPROMs on the board before you replaced them with the SF2CE ROMs?

It is possible someone modified the jumpers to use 27C400 EPROMs the same as a mask ROM type board

Look if you have the good order for ep-rom 01 at 13.

Exemple for the picture attached : s92-3m_02 .
3m is for Mask-rom board (Usa or Etc board) and 02 is for Jedec board (japan).
On your board s92-3m need to be placed on socket 02.

Hope this is your problem ;)

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 31

I already tried exchanging the rom as you suggested but there is no change, it seems that I already found a Japanese rom that I will try later.

Before going any further, did you see the board working and running Daimakaimura or did you buy it, remove the ROMs and convert back to SF2? It is very possible the A custom is bad

Assuming that it was working, were the jumpers changed for the conversion? What type of EPROMs on the board before you replaced them with the SF2CE ROMs?

It is possible someone modified the jumpers to use 27C400 EPROMs the same as a mask ROM type board
The pcb was working correctly and the jumpers are set to use 27c4096 or 27c4002. I reinstalled the ghouls and ghost roms and it works correctly

Are both PALs on the C board factory or have one or both of these been replaced as part of the conversion?

I already managed to get the pcb to work, the problem was the rom.
I downloaded the Japanese version 920513 and the problem went away. thanks for your support

Hello friend. I have a cps1 street fighter 2 champion edition world 920313 with some graphical errors. I read it with the recorder and checked it with romident and realized that the eproms were incorrect. I deleted all the roms and recorded them again with rom 920513 world. When I put it in the socket, the graphics were the same as the friend who posted it above. Seeing your post I realized that they were out of order. I managed to solve it with this socket order image that you posted. My question is where can I find these orders for the other Champion edition roms?

Hello,
The picture come from my personnal Final Burn Neo (that's why name of roms are changed).

Download the emulator, select the game and click on "roms info".
You can see the good order for your board (Japan=JEDEC USA/ETC=MASK-ROM)
CRC can help you ;)

Your board normally is "Mask-rom" . In picture USA-ETC, you can see where you need to put ep-rom.
Example : s92-1m.3a = Need to put in socket 3A.

Attachments

• USA-ETC.png
    USA-ETC.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Japan.png
    Japan.png
    188.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Hello,
The picture come from my personnal Final Burn Neo (that's why name of roms are changed).

CRC can help you ;)

Your board normally is "Mask-rom" . In picture USA-ETC, you can see where you need to put ep-rom.
Thank you for your help, it was very important for me to be able to solve the problem and identify where to put the eproms.

plate A - 89626A-4 dash
plate B - 91634B-2
plate C - 92631C-6

socket 9 eprom M27C512

socket 18 and 19 M27C1001

other eprom socket M27C4002.

The problem I noticed is that my B board came with a Japan 91634B-2 version, however it would have come with the Wolrd 91635B-2 version, so I noticed the order of the eproms changes in these 2 versions. I believe that would be it lol, your teachings were of great help. including your tips, learn to read the link below regarding the location of the eproms in the sockets.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mamedev/mame/master/src/mame/capcom/cps1.cpp

thank you friend

Hello,

CRC can help you ;)

I didn't know about this CRC tip, I'm new to the site, where I click to enjoy your tips 10 times. lol :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This work fine for you

https://m.coolrom.com.au/roms/mame/60360/Street_Fighter_II':_Champion_Edition_(Japan_920513).php

if you want english versión just change rom 22, 23 with world or usa rom
Sorry for deleting it, I posted the question wrong. I will rephrase the question.

The question is: a screen-printed mask rom plate, if I can convert it to use Jedec memory, just change all the memory and re-record it or there would be another step to do, I'm asking because I can't find a mask rom to buy and I don't even know if can I burn the mask rom with the files found in mame

Sorry for deleting it, I posted the question wrong. I will rephrase the question.

The question is: a screen-printed mask rom plate, if I can convert it to use Jedec memory, just change all the memory and re-record it or there would be another step to do, I'm asking because I can't find a mask rom to buy and I don't even know if can I burn the mask rom with the files found in mame.
You can use for maks rom type pcb you can use EPROM 27c400 for roms 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,810,11,12,13.
For roms 22,23 you can use 27c4002, 27c4096

You can use for maks rom type pcb you can use EPROM 27c400 for roms 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,810,11,12,13.
For roms 22,23 you can use 27c4002, 27c4096
Thanks, I'll do it, I thought I had to do some extra pinning on PJ01.

Back