What's new
You didn't get unlucky brutha. Someone else's sense of entitlement is just echoing into your head.

The multi isn't original hardware. Some people seem to forget that. If not for the FPGA, there would be no CPS1 Multi. Alternate circuits are used electronics all the time. This is to ensure delivery. That is all this is and how it was handled. When it comes to alternate circuits, the considerations are:
  • accuracy
  • performance
  • longevity
  • pricing
  • availability
Availability and pricing isn't a consideration that would impact you as a newly minted owner of the fantastic CPS1 Multi. The FPGA doesn't nerf accuracy. Doesn't nerf performance. And the likelyhood that it shall outlast the OG chip is likely >30:1. Once you get past the entitlement facade, you'll realize you probably got the better deal. Because, if you really want the OG, you'll have to get the OG PCB's.

I wonder if people actually want to play the games or want “collector” pieces.
Can't it be both?
I mean I can understand your disappointment, can you not understand theirs?

I'd say the silver lining here is the ability to harvest your own Q-Sound chip, and when offered (via PCB kit) install it.

You know, that might give us some options for future projects.
For example, the ZN2 games that require Q-Sound... I can easily run the ROMs on my Hammy reproduction PCB, but NO SOUND... What IF I could use a module like this here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yall r fucked up. I'm gonna empty the box. Then I'll vacuum seal it. Then I'll wata grade it as sealed and keep the multi

Is anyone using a Sheep Nova C board that was un-modified?

Does it work as-is or does it need to be modified?

Just curious, for the CPS1 mu;tipacks, besides the 3 region packs, what is the 4th pack?

Man if I never hear about the Qsound/FPGA argument again, it will be too late. Darksoft and team did a great job making a multi possible for us to play games we love. “Earth to space cadet” a multi isn’t original hardware no matter how you slice it. If Darksoft never said “Qsound chip” no one would care. It just feels ungrateful/disrespectful… and if you are going to sell it, it’s your right but why make a stink?

Add on sales started.

Section is here:

https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/cps1-5-multi-add-ons-sales.115/

Only items listed are currently available. I will start taking orders now and start shipping available items Monday the 6th.

Please note the filterboard mounted dips are not in hand yet but will ship in about two weeks estimated time based on manufacturer update. Orders including the fikterboard mounted dips will not ship until they are in hand but your order will reserve your other parts. 1st batch of all items are around 50 pieces or less (except cables). Everything will be restocked after a certain amount of time however.

Full crystal, audio combiner, q sound modules and other items are all still in developement and coming soon.

Can we stop getting upset at people who are disappointed at not getting a qsound? It’s not entitled to want original hardware, roll the dice and then not get it. If we didn’t care about original hardware we’d just be running mister instead of making excited posts about winning the qsound lottery. The last poster was pretty calm about it and now someone who doesn’t want to wait in line can buy it from them. Everyone wins.

Including qsound at all was probably a mistake in retrospect.

Including qsound at all was probably a mistake in retrospect.
I mean at the start this was only going to be a CPS1 multi, so originally it never included any type of qsound period.
It was later decided to add the 1.5 games, because yes basically all that was missing in terms of support was that sound chip.
A rather large cache of original chips was found and purchased, awesome!

However I say this is where the train went off the tracks... FPGA!
It should have never been developed, not for this (has other valid applications).

Rather the modules to harvest/use your own Q-Sound chip could have been provided with all future kits.
Sold fully disclosed/with the understanding that...
"you get CPS1.0 out of the box, but for 1.5 you must provide chip as only the first 200 orders included it"

Do people like it?
Well anyone above 200 might not, but I say tuff titty we had a wait list because these were always going to be limited.
Guess what? They ARE LIMITED, deal with it.
People on the list, who had been waiting YEARS got first/Q-Sound dibs (albeit without knowledge/consent, but that's another issue/topic) justice was served IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will the clock mod include 10 & 12 mhz crystals? My PCB is 10mhz and I dont want to buy a different pcb if the kit will address this.

Back