What's new

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
After a long development, I'm happy to annouce that the CPS1 Multi is in its final stage. The Multi PCB includes both the B PCB and the Qsound PCB. It's completely compatible with CPS1 and CPS1.5.

As you can see it has both the Option for inserting a C board and just soldering a B-21. For now, it only supports B-21 C Board, preferably those that have a battery and you can write the keys on the go. It has also the connectors for spins and kick connectors that you can find on some C Boards.

Q sound PCB is also supported as you can see and has the regular RCA connectors.

It works with the usual microSD slot and flashes. I should be taking preorders in 2-3 months. Price will be slightly higher than anticipated as it has now the Qsound part integrated.

CPS1_Proto_Spin2.jpeg

Is your body ready?

Brentradio

Champion
Reaction score
In like Flynn!

Totally amazing job as usual!

Can't wait!

:thumbup:

My only question is, what do you mean by "price"? I don't understand the concept of "price" for this. Who needs to know the "price" anyway? The "price" doesn't really matter does it? I'm buying this regardless of this thing you refer to as "price"... You did say Q Sound right?

:D

Last edited:

sammargh

Professional
Reaction score
Wow looking fancy! And with 1.5 support well worth the wait! I figured I'd get to skip this multi since I basically have all the cps 1 I want but you've got me interested

frsj8112

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh lordy, how sweet!!

What is the empty surface mount used for, in the middle of the PCB?

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
That's the place for the DSP16A which is what runs the Qsound. Luckily those things can run external code. This is the PCB as I got it from assembly line, now looks much worse with a bunch of jump wires and mods.

Johnfan1986

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a long development, I'm happy to annouce that the CPS1 Multi is in its final stage. The Multi PCB includes both the B PCB and the Qsound PCB. It's completely compatible with CPS1 and CPS1.5.

As you can see it has both the Option for inserting a C board and just soldering a B-21. For now, it only supports B-21 C Board, preferably those that have a battery and you can write the keys on the go. It has also the connectors for spins and kick connectors that you can find on some C Boards.

Q sound PCB is also supported as you can see and has the regular RCA connectors.

It works with the usual microSD slot and flashes. I should be taking preorders in 2-3 months. Price will be slightly higher than anticipated as it has now the Qsound part integrated.

CPS1_Proto_Spin2.jpeg

Is your body ready?
Can't wait.....

Lamonsoff

Beginner
Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance....so this multi replaces the A board, now not needing to worry about problematic CPS-A-01 custom. And all that’s required is a C board, since most of us don’t have the skills to solder a B-21? No need for a B board? And then you download Roms onto it....? Which are the empty sockets?

Very cool BTW!

Astro X

Student
Reaction score
good work,
is there a reason why you use flashes instead of sram?

roy

Professional
Reaction score
3 months is actually much sooner than I thought!
I'll start saving today🤑

opt2not

Multi Boyz Pixeler
Enlightened
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
MY BODY IS READY!

Been anticipating this one for a long time!