What's new
Of course! Aldo is great! Real arcade enthusiast, good service, good guy. What else do you need?

Yes, now that I have all the components, price is clear. 650 EUR / 725 USD. It's been tested with all CPS1 and CPS1.5 games.

You'll see a video very soon, that will clarify all your doubts and will make you see how much really is this kit worth.
For Aussies and NZ peeps, the price at CandyCabub will be ballpark $1029 AUD — depending on the exchange rate :)

I'm still in for sure.

With Q Chip if possible.

Let me know when how where to pay...

Can't wait!

P.S. I don't need no stinking video... Just let me buy one already!!!

:D

Last edited:
Going back through these threads there were some questions raised around 10/12 MHz switching and how things like spinners would be handled (there was talk of different filter to handle this at one point)

I understand this product is likely to have future revisions, but I’m just trying to work out what “limitations” or “things we want to improve” are that will shop with this first public version so I can make an informed decision!

Is anyone in the know able to shed some light on what these may be for the first revisions to ship? :)

Support for spinners is available. You need an extra PCB that plugs in the multi. I didnt want to delay the project anymore and make the final multi more expensive, so people who need that PCB because they want to play with spinners, can get it from @Mitsurugi-w.

Even I have installed a pin for 10/12Mhz. This pin will be a "1" if the game runs at 12Mhz and "0" if the game runs at 10Mhz. If someone is a bit purist, you have a pin there to run each game at the right speed. The clock is located in the A Board, so some soldering is anyways needed. I will not offer a clock PCB that plugs into the A board, althouhg it should be pretty simple to implement a small PCB with 2 clocks that plugs into that pin for choosing the right one.

Right now, I see no limitations, but rather endless opportunities, like converting games to work with the multi or making trainer versions, or....

I am happily looking forward to February. I think this is going to be an incredible piece of hardware to have and by then I should have enough strength returned to my arm to mess around with my arcade cabinet. I especially love that I can get it hooked up to the Q-Sound setup I already have in my cabinet and basically just swap it in for my CPS2 Multi.

I guess my only problem now is figuring out how to have all three of my Darksoft CPS Multi-kits in the cabinet at the same time with a switcher. Haha. I cannot wait!

Please forgive me if this question has already been answered...

How will the RCA/Stereo outputs on the filter board work?
ie I fully expect CPS1.5 games to output Q-sound via RCA, but what happens with CPS1 games?

Do we get mono from the RCAs, or is CPS1 sound only available via JAMMA edge?

@djsheep Uh bro I paid 300$ for my Punisher and I sold it for 350$ (even with greedy fucks asking 800$+ at that time).
Not saying this multi isn't worth 1k$, only that I'd never pay anything close to that or ask anywhere near that for an original CPS1.5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please forgive me if this question has already been answered...

How will the RCA/Stereo outputs on the filter board work?
ie I fully expect CPS1.5 games to output Q-sound via RCA, but what happens with CPS1 games?

Do we get mono from the RCAs, or is CPS1 sound only available via JAMMA edge?

@djsheep Uh bro I paid 300$ for my Punisher and I sold it for 350$.
Not saying this multi isn't worth 1k$, only that I'd never pay anything close to that for an original CPS1.5.
For CPS1.5 games you get Stereo and Qsound effect via RCA. The sound is also available via Jamma connector but in mono.
CPS1 games have audio out via the Jamma connector.

$300 for punisher? What year was that?

Last edited:
Back