What's new
I receive 5/10 message at day for this matter.... It's unbelievable.
Only thing unbelievable here is why you think this wouldn't matter to people on that list.
We should have first right of refusal on the purchase of OG, its just that simple... Now you need to do the hard part of ensuring that happens.
are you want to play with multi or do you want to show to your Friends that you have an original qsound on a non original board?
What if I want to "show to my friends that I have an original qsound"?
What number am I on that list? Do you have that many QS multis? Is the list honored or NOT? YES or NO?

Only thing unbelievable here is why you think this wouldn't matter to people on that list.
We should have first right of refusal on the purchase of OG, its just that simple... Now you need to do the hard part of ensuring that happens.

What if I want to "show to my friends that I have an original qsound"?
What number am I on that list? Do you have that many QS multis? Is the list honored or NOT? YES or NO?
Ok you have understand everything. Nothing more to say

HSS Shipping type UPS Expedited Int.
  • Shipping costs:
    $124.69*

ALDO Shipping:

Canada: €41,00

on top of that UPS will charge me more then 250$ for duties.

Sorry but I would much rather take my chances with Aldo @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES ...#242 ! :(
Aldo getting some sick deals on shipping prices.

I just shipped a PCB of similar size to the cps1 multi UPS Expedited Int and that cost me $251 so HSS price is not that bad really. All couriers are raising their prices across the board.

That said, If I get the OG Q-sound and you don't I'll trade you for your FPG
@Derick2k you guys are awesome man, but you know I can't...

I'm in with ya'll, I ordered, I rolled the fucking dice (even when I shouldn't have had to which is the entire God damn point of my post not a pitty swap Jassin party).
I'm also a big boy, should it land on FPGA I'll take it (and flip that son-of-a-bitch on eBay for all the money I feel I'm deserved by this inconvenience to honesty/integrity which let me tell ya ain't gunna come cheap).

I obviously ordered as well, but in this case, I'm actually with @jassin000. The whole point of following this thing for years was to get a chance to get an original chip for me.

I'll be happy either way, but I will be much happier with a real chip.

My personal feeling is IF I'm going to pass data thru an FPGA OF ANY KIND why not just use a Myster?
I kinda feel the same when the romboards are more powerful / not in keeping with the original system.

In this case i'm sure you can grab a DSP16 and burn it off with the original code but i can't comment if it will fit DS's new design...

Whether I get the original Q-sound or FPGA, it doesn’t matter to me. I’m chill.

Besides, I wasn’t even expecting CPS1.5 being supported. From my POV it’s a bonus to what I originally signed up for — CPS1. Anything else is just icing.

Besides, I wasn’t even expecting CPS1.5 being supported. From my POV it’s a bonus to what I originally signed up for — CPS1. Anything else is just icing.
Indeed. Originally I was expecting to have to buy 2 of these, one for CPS1 and one for CPS1.5.

the $725 price is high, but even with a CPS1 donor it's still cheaper than just ONE CPS1.5 game... and you get access to ALL of them.

Whether I get the original Q-sound or FPGA, it doesn’t matter to me. I’m chill.

Truth! The q sound chip and q sound support was a newer development after the list. We can get to extremely high levels of pettiness about it, but we gotta definitely just be thankful that it's even possible. With that being said I am excited to open the box and play q sound chip roulette 🤣

Well, I guess was the Trojan horse by asking about how the Q-Sound chip CPS1 Multi boards would be allocated. It's not my project and I respect whatever decision Darksoft takes but FPGA is not the original hardware. It's not that I don't like MiSTer but the whole point of the Multi is to use the original hardware. Using FPGAs is going to matter to some people, it's not about how close it's to the original, if FPGA emulation is so accurate then we should all get a MiSTer instead. I think a better solution would have been to create a Multi that also allowed the use of an original CPS 1.5 Q sound board but it's too late now, maybe a later revision could add this option. As much as I wanted this multi just for convenience, now I'm on the verge to pass and wait for a solution where I can use a Q-Sound board.
Thanks,
\o/.k.

Having a Q-Sound chip or FPGA is identical for me.

In 2022 after 2 years of this fucking COVID, we have the privilege to grab a Darksoft Multi CPS1.

We can be happy that this project went to its end.

A big thank you to the Darksoft Team 👍

Well, I guess was the Trojan horse by asking about how the Q-Sound chip CPS1 Multi boards would be allocated. It's not my project and I respect whatever decision Darksoft takes but FPGA is not the original hardware. It's not that I don't like MiSTer but the whole point of the Multi is to use the original hardware. Using FPGAs is going to matter to some people, it's not about how close it's to the original, if FPGA emulation is so accurate then we should all get a MiSTer instead. I think a better solution would have been to create a Multi that also allowed the use of an original CPS 1.5 Q sound board but it's too late now, maybe a later revision could add this option. As much as I wanted this multi just for convenience, now I'm on the verge to pass and wait for a solution where I can use a Q-Sound board.
Thanks,
\o/.k.
I'm not sure how to start answering your post. First of all, you want people to remove the CPS1.5 Qsound board and make a working CPS1.5 PCB useless so it's more accurate? It wont be more accurate at all. and you will kill a working CPS1.5 worth about $1000 nowadays. The Multi works and has the same logic than the original has, and all the timings are clockwork perfect, either if you put the Qsound or an FPGA. That's why we've been working so long on this.

Now about the FPGA/Qsound, so if an FPGA chip works 100% like the original, then according to you, the whole multi is not original anymore? What about the flashes? They are not eproms!
About Mister, just implementing the Qsound chip into the real original Hardware took us weeks to Jotego and myself and I'm talking about one chip only! Why? Because original is original and the timings are not the same, signals sometimes have noise or are raised for a shorter period of time,etc, etc.
We will probably end up printing Qsound blanks, so if people can get a Qsound chip from a broken CPS2, they can just buy a blank and solder the Qsound there. Another option that we considered was buying used DSP-16 chips and force them to execute code externally, but that's another story for another day.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how to start answering your post. First of all, you want people to remove the CPS1.5 Qsound board and make a working CPS1.5 PCB useless so it's more accurate? It wont be more accurate at all. and you will kill a working CPS1.5 worth about $1000 nowadays. The Multi works and has the same logic than the original has, and all the timings are clockwork perfect, either if you put the Qsound or an FPGA. That's why we've been working so long on this.

Now about the FPGA/Qsound, so if 1 chip works 100% like the original but it's not original then according to you this is not original anymore? What about the flashes? They are not eproms! About Mister, just implementing the Qsound chip into the real original Hardware took us weeks to Jotego and myself and I'm talking about one chip only! Why? Because original is original and the timings are not the same, signals sometimes have noise or are raised for a shorter period of time,etc, etc.
We will probably end up printing Qsound blanks, so if people can get a Qsound chip from a broken CPS2, they can just buy a blank and solder the Qsound there. Another option that we considered was buying used DSP-16 chips and force them to execute code externally, but that's another story for another day.

I will just add that I happy to get either - I want to play the games. My board won't be original because I am adding a new "B" board - so for me, it doesn't really matter. If @Darksoft and Jotego say its accurate, that is good enough for me!

I am not a collector though, just a consumer who wants to play the games!

Matt

I will just add that I happy to get either - I want to play the games. My board won't be original because I am adding a new "B" board - so for me, it doesn't really matter. If @Darksoft and Jotego say its accurate, that is good enough for me!

I am not a collector though, just a consumer who wants to play the games!

Matt
20 minutes of applause

Back