What's new
So anyone here looking forward to playing Strider, Final Fight, SF2: Rainbow/Red Wave/Koryu, The Punisher, Cadillacs & Dinoaurs, Ghosts & Goblins, etc. on real hardware or what?!
I'm really looking forward to those and also Area 88 (I like that version over UN Squadron because it has the hijacked plane bonus level). Chiki Chiki Boys and Willow are pretty fun too, although Willow is pretty hard!

I didn't realise how difficult Willow was until I had a mate play it around here and heard him rage quit! Classic platformer.

Don't forget Nemo too, that's a REALLY underlooked game.

I didn't realise how difficult Willow was until I had a mate play it around here and heard him rage quit! Classic platformer.

Don't forget Nemo too, that's a REALLY underlooked game.
Willow is in some way Ghost N` goblins heir.

Also the pixel art of the cast from Willow is insanely good (except for poor Warwick Davis, who looks nothing like himself 😅)

Where my CPS1/2/3 MultiBoyz at? Who's got the trifecta?
I’ll have all three Multis as well, and CPS1 is the one I’ve wanted the most from when I started down the arcade collecting rabbit hole. Strider and Ghouls n Ghosts are two of my all-time favorite games, and my sister and I played the SNES ports of Final Fight, UN Squadron, King of Dragons and Knights of the round BITD, so we’re both looking forward to digging into the arcade originals.

Where my CPS1/2/3 MultiBoyz at? Who's got the trifecta?
Me? In reality I have 2/3 and a Schrödinger's cat...
When I open the box, the multiverse of outcomes will collapse into a singularity.
Will I inhabit the reality where I received a QSound? Only time will tell (but I ain't keeping it otherwise).X/

I can haz Qsound?
1*YpPErvB1n5KcYUSz3hbOAw.jpg

Roll the dice...
make-it-rain-5513607_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have all three once the CPS1 arrives. Looking forward to getting this into my cabinet. Will complete the trifecta. Though I don't have the "big SIMM" update to the CPS3 system, I rarely play/switch games so it's not a high priority for me.

Right now, I need to figure out a way to get all three multi CPS setups in my Dynamo HS-5 so I can readily switch between the three of them without having to take out the entire CP/slide assembly.

Though I don't have the "big SIMM" update to the CPS3 system, I rarely play/switch games so it's not a high priority for me.
Same, I'm off 3rd Strike maybe once a year?
I can wait the 40mins to re-write. :P

Dynamo HS-5?!
I feel like you have a ton of space to work with... Try getting a Primal Rage into a Taito Vewlix ;)

The only question I have relates to the audio situation. I understand that stereo out through the fingerboard is designed for CPS 1.5 only - is that correct? Is it possible to get mono audio (duplicated or otherwise) through the same output or am I still limited strictly to the jamma harness for CPS1 on the multi? I'll work with it either way but it's just an annoyance I'd love to avoid for my recording/streaming setup when everything else I typically connect to the cabinet is outputting attenuated stereo.

The only question I have relates to the audio situation. I understand that stereo out through the fingerboard is designed for CPS 1.5 only - is that correct?
Nope... CPS1.5 audio is mono only from the JAMMA-edge.
If you want Stereo its RCA connector... CPS1 audio is LOCKED to the JAMMA-edge (not available via RCA PERIOD).

I'm kinda sad about that last one honestly... IF CN5 on the A-board was tap'd/mixed you COULD have mono via RCA as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only question I have relates to the audio situation. I understand that stereo out through the fingerboard is designed for CPS 1.5 only - is that correct? Is it possible to get mono audio (duplicated or otherwise) through the same output or am I still limited strictly to the jamma harness for CPS1 on the multi? I'll work with it either way but it's just an annoyance I'd love to avoid for my recording/streaming setup when everything else I typically connect to the cabinet is outputting attenuated stereo.
I believe we already explained this several times.

All games, be it Cps1 or Qsound have sound output in mono via Jamma, just like the original does.
On the top of that Qsound games also have stereo output via RCA connectors on the multi PCB, just like the original does

I hope this clarifies things.

I humbly suggest a solution for the FPGA vs Original Q-Sound chip. Perhaps those who really care contact their respective retailer. They can check the package and make sure those who really want one get one vs everyone else who doesn't care?

I know it adds complexity, just thinking this might be a simple solution to keep peeps happy.

Re: 50% sell through vs the waiting list: It's been 5 years since the list's inception. When I signed up, I figured the price would track along the cost of the CPS2 multi. I know global supply constraints & inflation have made the price at almost 2x what I was anticipating.

In my case, i'm in the >500th place on the list so I probably have time to noodle it, but frankly I don't have that level of disposable income. Kids with braces, car payments, clothes and shoes. My hobby comes in last. Generally I only can afford to put in what I can make on the side.

I have my spare A+C boards sitting here and hopefully I can put in some multi goodness, we'll see what happens.

Right now, I need to figure out a way to get all three multi CPS setups in my Dynamo HS-5 so I can readily switch between the three of them without having to take out the entire CP/slide assembly.
I have had a vector-labs jamma selector in my HS-5 Super Turbo for some time and brought it to expo with ST, SFA3, Third Strike and later SF2 Hyper Fighting all running in there. I usually just have three boards inside but you can make it work with four. For kickharnesses, you can now get a condenser board so you can plug them all in and you don’t have to mess with that. I just made custom molexes for the kick harnesses that I unplug and plug in via the coin door when needed. Keep in mind you may need to crank up the power supply volts or add another power supply to feed the selector board as some voltage is lost through the additional cabling.

@Darksoft thanks for the official word on this. I'm sure it was brought up prior but all of these CPS1 multi threads are such a mess that by now its difficult to find all the information. Regardless, still really looking forward to finally getting my hands on this multi.

Back