What's new
I’m dying here! You all got your shipping notices and receiving packages and here I am rapidly refreshing my inbox for my notice to arrive!!

f9l6zhzil7v8.gif
I didn’t get my email until yesterday afternoon, by that time it was at my local PO 😅. Trust me, I was hammering that refresh key too!

TBH I just want to watch an unboxing; less interested in seeing it work.

It looks like I got the real Q Sound chip. Unfortunately, I didn't get the coveted red RCA jack. Now I need to troubleshoot why my files fail to load or else load blind and mute.

I would be happy to do a review, but I'm missing something... r...o...m..s...
I don't have my kit but doesn't it just take unmodified ROMs you can get from a MAME fullset? Like the sort of thing some bad, theoretical person could get by theoretically typing "MAME 0.243" into the internet archive? That's extremely illegal by the way, don't do it.

E: Unless you're only using the MAME-designated parent versions you may have to copy files from the parent .zip to the child. For example if you want the japanese version of 1941, you need the files in 1941.zip combined with 1941j.zip inside a single zip. I think that's the only "gotcha". Insert a rant about my pet peeve of MAME not using the dev's country of origin release as the parent.

Last edited:
I don't have my kit but doesn't it just take unmodified ROMs you can get from a MAME fullset? Like the sort of thing some bad, theoretical person could get by theoretically typing "MAME 0.243" into the internet archive? That's extremely illegal by the way, don't do it.

E: Unless you're only using the MAME-designated parent versions you may have to copy files from the parent .zip to the child. For example if you want the japanese version of 1941, you need the files in 1941.zip combined with 1941j.zip inside a single zip. I think that's the only "gotcha".
Probably. Like the other multis, I like the packs ready to go. No rush for me, I don't even know where may soldering gun is right now!

So, I just watched the video and he says in it the final boards will have white/red RCA jacks, but everyone's looks yellow. Did that get changed?

Finally, what is the "extra" thing? Is it the LCD case? If so, I paid for and ordered a case (looking back on my invoice), so I can't figure out what it is.

Anyone want to enlighten me?

So, I just watched the video and he says in it the final boards will have white/red RCA jacks, but everyone's looks yellow. Did that get changed?

Finally, what is the "extra" thing? Is it the LCD case? If so, I paid for and ordered a case (looking back on my invoice), so I can't figure out what it is.

Anyone want to enlighten me?
Well, so far everyone who has received a multi has reported getting a Q-Sound chip

That would be my guess.

It was too late for that, they were already assembled. Next batch will be like this. In any case if someone really feels the need of having them red and white, they are 2 components which are easy to replace. In any case, apologies if someone was expecting them in that color.

It was too late for that, they were already assembled. Next batch will be like this. In any case if someone really feels the need of having them red and white, they are 2 components which are easy to replace. In any case, apologies if someone was expecting them in that color.
I was just curious about the change , no worries for me, I sort of like the yellow!

Back