What's new
Links to roms are not allowed but perhaps could someone link to a script that downloads the rom pack the same as misters "update_all" script? Everywhere allows posting links to the update all script.

Last edited:
This can only be good news and to me it means that Cps1 multi is going to be even more popular than cps2 multi :thumbup:
Its a very well designed and throughout multi.
As I said above I think the cable to connect the kicks on the filter board should have been included however I can understand the dilemma of "where to draw the line" in terms of hardware support.
I like the approach with the spinners, crystal switch, remote dips and cps2 kicks for example (ie separate optional PCBs).

Q-sound 1.5 support is nothing short of incredible, clearly setting the DS Multi above ALL other CPS1 solutions released to date (and likely in the future).
This feature however contributed to the FPGA solution, and while also incredible it splintered the hardware base.
So what's the problem if these two devices are identical?
Well why not be clear about what versions would be available for pre-order people? I just don't get that part, never will....
At least this multi is q-sound and freaking fantastic.

Special thanks to @ekorz for providing the proper C-board!
2pBUFF6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding the ability to link the cps1 kicks to the filterboard was a last second add-on suggested by me. It is optional and this is an already expensive multi. Plus the first batch of cables was manufactured for us and I still don't have them. I am already crimping wires for the second batch. When you start building cables you start to realize there are more parts involved than you imagine. Each wire is 330mm. Each harness is 10 wires. Each wire Cas two crimps. So a set is 20 wires and 40 crimps. Thank God I'm not doing these crimps by hand! Lol.

By the way I plan to make a video about my crimper today. A few others have expressed interest in buying one for their business. It would help one of our fellow members here tremendously in his efforts. ;)

By the way I plan to make a video about my crimper today. A few others have expressed interest in buying one for their business. It would help one of our fellow members here tremendously in his efforts. ;)
Yeah, let's see that thing in action.
I am already crimping wires for the second batch. When you start building cables you start to realize there are more parts involved than you imagine. Each wire is 330mm. Each harness is 10 wires. Each wire Cas two crimps. So a set is 20 wires and 40 crimps. Thank God I'm not doing these crimps by hand! Lol.
I don't want to crimp any more wires, but I have too ||

Fitment came out pretty damn good, tweaked it a little, Im gonna order a few just to see how JLC works out for these.
1652630417230.png

1652632122743.png

has anyone besides Jasen confirmed they will be making cases?

Attachments

• Gerber_PCB_CPS1.5 Multi CPS2 Adapter Ext_2022-05-15.zip
    45.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
When you start building cables you start to realize there are more parts involved than you imagine. Each wire is 330mm. Each harness is 10 wires. Each wire Cas two crimps. So a set is 20 wires and 40 crimps. Thank God I'm not doing these crimps by hand! Lol.
*thousand-yard stare’s past you*
I’m literally salivating right now. That auto cut and strip machine you suggested years ago has been absolutely life changing for me and my already arthritic, osteoporosis ridden hands. 🥲

I’m literally salivating right now. That auto cut and strip machine you suggested years ago has been absolutely life changing for me and my already arthritic, osteoporosis ridden hands. 🥲
For real, Im debating where to get the auto cut/strip myself lol, and auto crimper also, I dont make a lot of harnesses because I hate it. If I had those yeah, custom harnesses everywhere.

Any link to this machine?

Fitment came out pretty damn good, tweaked it a little, Im gonna order a few just to see how JLC works out for these.
1652630417230.png

1652632122743.png

has anyone besides Jasen confirmed they will be making cases?
This seems to be really great.
Could you just explain to me what this add?
:whistling::saint::D

Wow.....
Those machines appears to be really great.
Today i spent around 1 hour to do my 2 harness for the cps1 kick to filter board.
With those machines i think you could finish it in around 5 minutes or less.....
Wow.
How much could they cost?

Wow.....
Those machines appears to be really great.
Today i spent around 1 hour to do my 2 harness for the cps1 kick to filter board.
With those machines i think you could finish it in around 5 minutes or less.....
Wow.
How much could they cost?

The wire cut/strip machine linked in the video is probably going to be around $700. I got a similar thing but used and made in the USA (and long discontinued) for about $200 but that was luck.

The terminal crimping machine looks to be around $1000 plus a few hundred per die, or a small amount per blade set if you don't swap dies

EDIT: What I'm interested in, and maybe @Mitsurugi-w can cover in the video, is where can I find a comprehensive list of blades for the crimping machine? For example I'm wondering if a DF1B blade set exists.

The wire cut/strip machine linked in the video is probably going to be around $700. I got a similar thing but used and made in the USA (and long discontinued) for about $200 but that was luck.

The terminal crimping machine looks to be around $1000 plus a few hundred per die, or a small amount per blade set if you don't swap dies

EDIT: What I'm interested in, and maybe @Mitsurugi-w can cover in the video, is where can I find a comprehensive list of blades for the crimping machine? For example I'm wondering if a DF1B blade set exists.
Not too expensive if you do extensive use of them.
I'm curious too to see the vdeo from mitsu

What is the Dzf1B blade? When I ordered the machine I told them specifically what terminals I was going to use and they ordered them to set the machine up. As far as I can tell they are just made to a specific size. There are two blades. One for the wire crimp and one for the sheath crimp. Matching top and bottom crimp. Every part of the machine is adjustable but I'd just buy another applicator set for around $200 and swap it out in about 30 seconds.

HRS DF1B is the terminal type for a CPS2 kick harness, I make tons of them in both male and female and a machine like that with a DF1B die would be awesome. And yeah if I was going with a machine I would do the same with having multiple applicators. Would probably get the machine and one applicator set and narrow it down as I sell the tool for each contact type to fund the applicator for it. Since I crimp a lot of different connector series I'm curious to know what their entire lineup looks like as far as supported contacts and thought there might be a website somewhere showing all the options.

Back