What's new
Yeah they don't have blades specifically for a terminal type. It's done by size. So you tell them the terminal type and they order it. If they can't find it you send a sample. Then they measure the two crimp points and determine the proper blade sizes. Since each crimp uses its own blade it gives the machine much more flexibility. Now specifically how do they measure to determine the correct blades? I have no idea.

By they way you want your terminals to be spooled, not individual pieces.

Reactions: dos
Makes sense, though I wonder how they deal with the little variations between contact types that don't just come down to size alone, there's a lot going on on a crimp die. Like if you tried to do KK, NH, DF1B and Mini-PV just by scaling up/down sizing with a generic F-style crimp the results will be a mess so there's gotta be more to it. Is there a US distributor/warehouse for these or are you dealing with China directly?

I couldn't find US distributor. I had to buy from Hong Kong. Shipping was almost as much as the machine.

Like I said every part is adjustable. Including depth and space between crimps. So you would use thinner blades for small terminals and thicker for larger terminals. You can adjust the blades forward and back too.

I think there was a small misunderstanding of what I was asking about, sorry. I mean that different terminal types should have different cutout shapes on the blade, as there isn't really a universal one. So all dimensionality aside, changing terminal type would require changing to a different blade designed (shaped) for that terminal, else it is forcing the terminal into a shape it isn't designed for. That's why I was wondering what terminal types they have blades specifically for, because I don't want to end up with just an automated version of an Iwiss or Hozan. I will send a message to some of these guys and ask if they have a line card for the blades.

I'm sure they can accommodate your terminals as long as they have a sample. They probably have a repository of info on crimping you and I wish we could access.

Reactions: dos
Links to roms are not allowed but perhaps could someone link to a script that downloads the rom pack the same as misters "update_all" script? Everywhere allows posting links to the update all script.
You don't need a script for this. You need to go to archive dot org.

I found them in a few seconds.

Fitment came out pretty damn good, tweaked it a little, Im gonna order a few just to see how JLC works out for these.
1652630417230.png

1652632122743.png

has anyone besides Jasen confirmed they will be making cases?
@Derick2k , let me know how they work out. I'll take one.

Might be a silly question but I hear there was a downgraded version of street fighter alpha for the cps changer, which I assume was the home version of the 1.5. Would it work on the multi?

You don't need a script for this. You need to go to archive dot org.

I found them in a few seconds.
I was only half joking. (You can't post links to roms which is understandable but it drives me nuts that everywhere is allowing the posting of links to the mister update_all script which is just the same.....)

Got the files on archive and sd card is ready :thumbup:

Perfect thanks. Must track down
Its what Razoola based his early CPS2 decryption efforts on, being that SFA was identical only one (CPS2) version was encrypted and one (CPS-Changer) wasn't.

Preserved (21+ years ago) here.

31/12/2000

We now have a non encrypted version of the encrypted SFZ program ROM (03). It still needs to be verified and have the non encrypted data merged back in but I can see normal 68000 instructions easily.

Gridle visited friday and did some PC communication code. This really helped as Crashtest lives in France and with the CPS-2 equipment here he had no way to test his communication code without emailing it to me. Thanks to Gridle the process has moved on faster then we had expected. For anyone interested it takes an hour to receive a 512k ROM in non encrypted form.

Once the ROM is verified checked and double checked it will be passed to emulation authors for you know what. This could still be while off so we will keep you posted.

We also got SFZCH running on CPS-2 hardware even though the program ROM's are non encrypted. Graphics were fine although no sprites were displayed or sound heard which was to be expected. This just goes to show how close CPS-1 and CPS-2 hardware actually is.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Darksoft Is the Qsound chip processing input and/or output analog or digital audio signals? As I know it, it is supposed to be analog.

For those that are using Marqs CPS2 digiAV HDMI adapter, this would be important, since it taps into the digital AV signals on the A board, I don't think they will get sound for the CPS1.5 games.

So...trying to see the best way to implement qsound into the Marqs PCB. Spoke with @Epyc a little on this and he says Marqs is looking to add a mux board to switch between the 2 digital signals.

@Darksoft Is the Qsound chip processing input and/or output analog or digital audio signals? As I know it, it is supposed to be analog.

For those that are using Marqs CPS2 digiAV HDMI adapter, this would be important, since it taps into the digital AV signals on the A board, I don't think they will get sound for the CPS1.5 games.

So...trying to see the best way to implement qsound into the Marqs PCB. Spoke with @Epyc a little on this and he says Marqs is looking to add a mux board to switch between the 2 digital signals.
Ahhh - good catch!

My setup has some issues with video - almost like its missing some frames - I am waiting for the CPS2 AV boards to become available again so I can swap with a new one and see if that resolves the issue. But good to know about this!

Its what Razoola based his early CPS2 decryption efforts on, being that SFA was identical only one (CPS2) version was encrypted and one (CPS-Changer) wasn't.

Preserved (21+ years ago) here.

31/12/2000

We now have a non encrypted version of the encrypted SFZ program ROM (03). It still needs to be verified and have the non encrypted data merged back in but I can see normal 68000 instructions easily.

Gridle visited friday and did some PC communication code. This really helped as Crashtest lives in France and with the CPS-2 equipment here he had no way to test his communication code without emailing it to me. Thanks to Gridle the process has moved on faster then we had expected. For anyone interested it takes an hour to receive a 512k ROM in non encrypted form.

Once the ROM is verified checked and double checked it will be passed to emulation authors for you know what. This could still be while off so we will keep you posted.

We also got SFZCH running on CPS-2 hardware even though the program ROM's are non encrypted. Graphics were fine although no sprites were displayed or sound heard which was to be expected. This just goes to show how close CPS-1 and CPS-2 hardware actually is.
So is it fair to say the decrypted sfa I use for my cps2 multi? I appreciate the formatting might be slightly different

Ahhh - good catch!

My setup has some issues with video - almost like its missing some frames - I am waiting for the CPS2 AV boards to become available again so I can swap with a new one and see if that resolves the issue. But good to know about this!
Well, @Epyc is all over this one :D I also have a digiav board installed in a CPS1 A board, probably needs a firmware update at this point.

Meant to say would decrypted cps2 sfa used on that multi work on this multi?
CPS1/1.5 games are not directly compatible with CPS2 hardware.
Many things are different, like how the CPS2 draws sprites and assigns sprite priority for example.
One major thing that is the same however is program data, and this was the key in helping early decryption efforts.

On CPS2 the program data is encrypted, on CPS1 its not, but aside from the encryption that data is the same.
From that a incomplete algorithm could be established and with some brute force and some luck other games were decrypted.

Is it just me or is the audio level different between CPS1 games? Was playing some games then switched to Magic Sword and it was so freaking loud :D

Back