What's new
I know the original CPS1.5 is RCA thus the multi uses RCA, tho I can't help but wonder...
Do the majority of you even have RCA jacks inside your cabs?
I know Sega Blast City JAMMA loom folks do (as I used to own one of these CRT time-bombs) but are they really that common?

My VLX cabs are 3.5mm stereo input, and while I have a whole host of RCA-to-3.5mm adapters, I'm wondering WHY?
Anyone know of a package that could drop-in replace these RCA jacks with a nice/compact 3.5mm stereo jack/block?

I mean fuck guys, its 2022 can we kill the damn RCA jack already its oversized, ground redundant trash (and it comes in different colors, which I find annoying when it don't match). ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the original CPS1.5 is RCA thus the multi uses RCA, tho I can't help but wonder...
Do the majority of you even have RCA jacks inside your cabs?
I know Sega Blast City JAMMA loom folks do (as I used to own one of these CRT time-bombs) but are they really that common?

My VLX cabs are 3.5mm stereo input, and while I have a whole host of RCA-to-3.5mm adapters, I'm wondering WHY?
Anyone know of a package that could drop-in replace these RCA jacks with a nice/compact 3.5mm stereo jack/block?

I mean fuck guys, its 2022 already can we kill the damn RCA jack already its oversized trash.
They are more stable, and far less likely to snap the jack off the solder points, if something were to accidentally get yanked.
They will handle the weight of good cords, and any adapters you want, over time, far better than a 3.5mm as well.

As a DJ, I've got cables and adapters galore in 1/4", 3.5mm, and RCA, so I don't worry about being able to connect anything.
Till someone comes up with a latching neutrik style connector that will handle a 6mm sized cable, without wear over time, RCA is just fine by me.

@Mrhide - If someone was really savvy, they'd have bought gold plated RCA connectors in Capcom Blue and Yellow.... :D

unless I'm trying to plug head phones into my cell phone I'll take RCA over 3.5mm every time.
3.5mm is trashy, it only supports weak-ass gauge wires and the ports are prone to failure and physical damage. It's why a good portion of vewlix 3.5mm inputs are snapped off the back of the amp board.

Most cabs that support un-amplified stereo do so via RCA, Vewlix is the exception, not the rule. RCA is also the official audio connection in the JVS Spec.

Last edited:
It's why a good portion of vewlix 3.5mm inputs are snapped off the back of the amp board.
You are 100% correct about that, I've had to reflow my FC amp for that very reason.
I blame having to use adapters that are heavy over time (and not a proper thin cable). :P

In 3.5mm defense, I really really like the combo VGA/3.5mm monster thick cables.
This works really really well with the OSSC, in my setup thats a major reason why I keep it behind the amp (it also fits perfectly in this spot).
EyhKuqR.jpg

I don't think its been made public, but a certain someone might have designed a Vewlix amp augmentation that is PERFECT (ie contains both RCA and 3.5mm on a switch).

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI: there are now three region-specific new CPS1 Multi Packs on everyone’s favorite archival site. These packs have the last official revision of each CPS1/1.5 game for that region, plus the most interesting hacks. You’ll only have 37 games in your LCD list to cycle through instead of 191. :thumbsup:

There is one USA set, one Japan set and one Euro/World set.

FYI: there are now three region-specific new CPS1 Multi Packs on everyone’s favorite archival site. These packs have the last official revision of each CPS1/1.5 game for that region, plus the most interesting hacks. You’ll only have 37 games in your LCD list to cycle through instead of 191. :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for all that hard work! Just in time since my CPS1 multi arrived today. :thumbup:

I have to say this is a dream piece of hardware for me.

Looking at the CPS1 multi, my existing CPS1 plates should fit. As i'm sure the holes will line up to be a direct drop-in replacement of the B board. So then I would just need to make a custom top plate for the LCD and controls. Is it the same as the F3 or the ST-V? How's the ribbon cable configured? (sorry, I'm sure all the answers are in the thread I just haven't been keeping up)
Not sure if it’s been said, but I tried your CPS1 dash case and it doesn’t fit properly. The holes on the middle and right are blocked by the b board adapters

In the past, I tried to chronicle some of the regional differences in CPS1 games. I started a thread on arcadeotaku: https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=23230

It would be cool to add to the list if you guys discover more differences.
Awesome stuff mate! Was googling for something like this a while back.

In your expert opinion, do you have a list of the “ultimate” definitive set of games to play on the system. Eg. What region, version?

Ahhhh, thank you. I had missed that part of it somehow. Perhaps in a future revision of the guide, the parts on the multi that the user would need to know about could be pointed out somehow? Kind of the like the diagrams are given for the backs of A/V receivers at the start of those manuals?
It's in the instructions clearly explained.

Awesome stuff mate! Was googling for something like this a while back.

In your expert opinion, do you have a list of the “ultimate” definitive set of games to play on the system. Eg. What region, version?

A couple come to mind:
Daimakaimura Japan version is the ultimate
Punisher Japan version has a cool dash-jumping flame kick, even if I prefer English language. The kick is still there but they removed the blue flame.

Haven't even received my first CPS1 multi and I'm debating ordering a second for my old SFII:WW (originally SF1) Dynamo HS-1 and using all US ROMs on it (normally use all JP except for what absolutely requires text to play correctly, like QaD). Might even use a 10MHz A-board with a 10MHz only US-only ROM set. And I was this close to selling the cab while back.

Anyone know who has really good SFII:WW repro CP art? Some of what's on the cab is a bit raggedy and I'm really unfamiliar with the players in the dedicated cab art scene.

In the past, I tried to chronicle some of the regional differences in CPS1 games. I started a thread on arcadeotaku: https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=23230

It would be cool to add to the list if you guys discover more differences.
I just looked over the thread, and I’m startled at how many CPS1 games have better features in the Japan region version-especially since the other regions typically have later release dates. You’d expect more features in the builds created later, not fewer!

Not sure why i'm not seeing it, I tried keywords like CPS1 and such. nothing.

Back