What's new
We actually removed the Qsound from a CPS1.5 and replaced it with an FPGA and Jotego's code. We run it through some sygnal analyzers and there was ZERO difference.
Let me clarify this again. We took out the Qsound from a original CPS1.5 and replaced it with an FPGA and it worked the same. It's not that there is machine or core that simulates the whole system. This is just this one chip.

One noob ass question, and I'm sure this as been discussed and this info is somewhere that I just missed, but which header on the Multi is for player 1 and player 2 kick harness? Having some trouble getting my kicks to work with my HAS supergun and kick harness. Not even sure if I'm using the right kick harness. All my HAS kick harnesses are all in the same box and I don't know which is which....anyway...
It's like the original 100%. If you play a game that is CPS1.5, the connectors will be on the vertical board and work the same as the ones on the original one. If it's a different game, then you need to check the manual and see which connector is being used for kicks. The connector will be either on your C Board if it has them, if not the multi has some of these connectors placed for you on the multi PCB.

Last edited:
One noob ass question, and I'm sure this as been discussed and this info is somewhere that I just missed, but which header on the Multi is for player 1 and player 2 kick harness? Having some trouble getting my kicks to work with my HAS supergun and kick harness. Not even sure if I'm using the right kick harness. All my HAS kick harnesses are all in the same box and I don't know which is which....anyway...

Kick harness connect to CNI02.

Seems to work! Guess i’ll be switching back from jong panel for a while now

Attachments

• 24474CAC-8E1C-4F82-AA75-BA4B5574BB4D.jpeg
    24474CAC-8E1C-4F82-AA75-BA4B5574BB4D.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 70
Holy cow, The Punisher rules! What an amazing game! I think I'll attempt a 1cc, apparently it's among the easier beat em ups to achieve this.
Agreed. I've played through the Punisher CPS2 conversion several times. I'm glad to finally have access to the full glitch free game. Cadillacs and Dinosaurs is really good as well.

So uh, what do people do with their donor B boards? Worth selling? Cause now I have a captain commando B board I’ll never use…
I like to keep at least one spare board around in case something breaks and needs a/b testing. Troubleshooting is so much easier if you can just swap on another board.

Just got shipment notification. Now I just have to go through the various CPS1 boards I have around and decide which to use. Will probably use the one that my Chinese multi is currently on (clean "dash" board, not one of the ones with the weird sound section rework) since that wont be needed anymore.

Fitment came out pretty damn good, tweaked it a little, Im gonna order a few just to see how JLC works out for these.
1652630417230.png

1652632122743.png

has anyone besides Jasen confirmed they will be making cases?
just ordered a bunch of these (In yellow.. all my PCB orders are defaulted to yellow) so I'll let you know how they go :)

Got my temporary enclosure almost done. Just might add some fans on the side and a mount for the LCD selector and then just waiting for the remote dip switch selector and then see about a final solution.

Attachments

• D51AA00E-321D-47C4-AA84-6E000CD0BE41.jpeg
    D51AA00E-321D-47C4-AA84-6E000CD0BE41.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 3FF103B5-857C-4ADE-B85F-6A5BBA5AA68E.jpeg
    3FF103B5-857C-4ADE-B85F-6A5BBA5AA68E.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 34074888-5847-491E-A86D-E13189477EA6.jpeg
    34074888-5847-491E-A86D-E13189477EA6.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 104
  • D16210A4-B683-4879-8C5A-5D216099245B.jpeg
    D16210A4-B683-4879-8C5A-5D216099245B.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 100
just ordered a bunch of these (In yellow.. all my PCB orders are defaulted to yellow) so I'll let you know how they go :)
Sounds good, hope not too much, I know the laser cut profile looked good, but always need to confirm in the end PCB. But, I think it will be ok :)
Reach out to me when you get them, I have some on the way and should get them next week. Just need to source the connector now.

Also, being that there are no cases yet, the design might change a bit when cases come out, but I made sure to leave what I think is enough clearance all around.

Got my temporary enclosure almost done. Just might add some fans on the side and a mount for the LCD selector and then just waiting for the remote dip switch selector and then see about a final solution.
Looks great! Any chance you’d be willing to share the stl files for those corner braces? I’d love to throw one together while we wait for a non DIY solution.

Back