What's new
Hello everyone, I noticed a small issue in Magic sword: when I am doing the special by pressing two buttons simultaneously, there’s a kind of glitch (see the second picture), otherwise the game is running well. I am wondering if it can come from my upscaler.

Cheers
Is there any suggestion about my issue ? Am I the only one to observed this ?

Is there any suggestion about my issue ? Am I the only one to observed this ?
It happens on mine as well, on a normal CRT, no scaler

Also happens in MAME:

0000.png

Conclusion: This is a normal part of the game

It happens on mine as well, on a normal CRT, no scaler

Also happens in MAME:

0000.png

Conclusion: This is a normal part of the game
Thank you, I don’t remember if it occurred in Mister, I will check it

I connected the Sega cab CPS2 kick harness with a JNX CPS2-CPS1 converter, onto CNI02 on the Darksoft board. The SF2 kicks work fine now. Just thought I'd share a photo in case helpful :)

IMG_0699.jpg

I got my multi set up.

games flash fine but no video or audio output. Just black screen.

I followed the manual.

A board is 89626A-4.

I am using 92641C-1 C board. I replaced the PAL with the one provided.

I have the switch on top of the multi set to ON.

I have the reset and qsound wires hooked up correctly.

I have tried 2 different C boards. They were both on conversion boards and the conversion has been reversed.

Traces were cut so I soldered a jumper wire from pins 45 and 46 to pin 40.

I thought I was buying an unmolested C board but it actually still had the traces cut, but no bridge wire.

Any suggestions?
Good Afternoon. I just finished my install of the mutli and am having the same issue except I did swap the PAL on the A board, but get the same results as GeorgeSpinner.
I have done everything as pointed above (black screen, no video/sound, flashes game correctly, voltage level is good at 5.03v, LCD lets me select games). C board was modified so I just moved the bodged wire to ground and confirmed they went to ground (pin 45 and 46 to 41).
A board was confirmed to work as I had Captain Commando B board running prior to install.
Any suggestions on where to start looking?
I will revert the install back to using Captain Commando to see if the A board got borked, but do I need to re-bodge the wire back to where it was to get it running again?

Can you post some pictures? What is that black cable that you talk about?

Can you post some pictures? What is that black cable that you talk about?
I didn't mention any black cable but here are some photos. (Note, the C Board is back to the way it was cause I wanted to test it with Captain Commando and sure enough, it works.). (Note2: Last 2 photos are returning the board to the original state and showing it works).
IMG_4704.jpg
IMG_4712.jpg
IMG_4711.jpg
IMG_4708.jpg
IMG_4709.jpg
IMG_4705.jpg
IMG_4706.jpg

@raynex where do you find your PSU cover assembly please?
If you have the common Meanwell PSU, this is where you can print one out: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4462296. If you need the one I have, which is for a PSU bought from Amazon, then let me know. A friend and I remixed it to fit the PSU we bought, but you can still buy all the parts listed in the Thinigverse link.

No need to go to PIN 41. You can solder PIN 45, 46 and 47 together. PIN 47 goes precisely to ground.
Good to know. I'll remove the wire and just bridge the 3 once we figure out where to start looking for the issue cause I'm stumped.

Just a stupid question. You connect the red cable to Qsound and Yellow to Reset, right?

One more question are the program Roms of Capt Commando original or patched? Do all games fail or only some? What happens if you try Capt. Commando with the multi? Does it load and play?

One more question are the program Roms of Capt Commando original or patched? Do all games fail or only some? What happens if you try Capt. Commando with the multi? Does it load and play?
I do not know if the ROMs on Captain Commando are original or not. My friend sent me this one, so I've asked him. I'll reply back when I get a response.
It does fail on all games I tried, which were 1941 and Final Fight. You can see half the screen get weird when erasing the flash and then writing it. Both flash were done successfully and ends up showing "Now Playing...." on the selector LCD. TV Screen is just black.
I can try Captain Commando on the multi if that's your next testing suggestion. I'll undo the modification on the C board again, swap the PAL, and then reinstall everything.

Small update. I reinstalled everything. Removed the bodge from C Board to restore ground connections, replaced the PAL for the Multi, and reinstalled the multi board. Still black screen but I decided to try to start a game blindly and I got these below. Cadillac & Dinosaurs and Final Fight for another. I couldn't get 1941 or Captain Commando to come up at all. It stayed completed blank.

IMG_4715.jpg
IMG_4713.jpg
IMG_4714.jpg
IMG_4716.jpg

You need to use one of the CPS1 Multi ROM Packs-they have the ROMs processed to work correctly with the Multi.

Go to archive.org and search for “multipacks” to find them.

You need to use one of the CPS1 Multi ROM Packs-they have the ROMs processed to work correctly with the Multi.

Go to archive.org and search for “multipacks” to find them.
It is. Just tried the Jap set and did the same.

Back