What's new
I bought 2 of these C boards from China. Chip looks modded- might this be the cause of the problems?

IMG_0154.jpg
IMG_0157.jpg
Seriously? Please read the instructions. That C board is strongly modified and won't allow for key writing.

Does anyone sell these C boards without the 'desuiciding' mod?

I havent tried that, and I wont have time in a few weeks, so I cant say if it's safe or not.
So I tried the multi with the audio being pulled from CN5. It works but the down side is you can't have the audio plugged in to both CN5 and the rca jacks for Q-Sound games at the same time, otherwise you'll get no audio from either source. I'm hopeful that plugging both outputs into a switcher will solve the problem.

So I tried the multi with the audio being pulled from CN5. It works but the down side is you can't have the audio plugged in to both CN5 and the rca jacks for Q-Sound games at the same time, otherwise you'll get no audio from either source. I'm hopeful that plugging both outputs into a switcher will solve the problem.
That’s really interesting! I wish Capcom just sent at least some version of mono to the Qsound output for non cps1.5 games. I could live with only right for cps1 and then stereo for cps1.5 lol.

That’s really interesting! I wish Capcom just sent at least some version of mono to the Qsound output for non cps1.5 games. I could live with only right for cps1 and then stereo for cps1.5 lol.
There is no q-sound on non-cps1.5 games.

Hello guy’s I just wanted to make a post to this support thread, I finally gather all necessary pieces to put this kit together ran into some issues setting things up and all answers wore here, here a picture running with no issues since I can’t post videos thank you guys for the support

Attachments

• C5B45FBC-2D8A-45BB-B51A-61F692DBCDA5.png
    C5B45FBC-2D8A-45BB-B51A-61F692DBCDA5.png
    791.2 KB · Views: 77
Yes 👍 i bought one to RickyTT.thx to him.

i have my dash board and C board as well but
Did I miss something ? I don’t find any link for DL the rollerpack ? No roller pack anymore ?
Search archive.org.

Hello, I have been testing out my CPS1 multi and I thought it was working great, but now that I've finally tested a 6 button game I've run into a big problem. When playing SF2 (version doesn't matter), buttons 4 and 5 are currently not working for player one. Player one button 6 (as well as all player 2 buttons) work fine. Just to test out other components, I even swapped it with a different donor pcb, but no matter what I try, those two buttons don't work. When I used the same boards/cables with my friends multi instead, the buttons worked, so it seems to be an issue with my multi board itself. Please advise!

Last edited:
Hello, I have been testing out my CPS1 multi and I thought it was working great, but now that I've finally tested a 6 button game I've run into a big problem. When playing SF2 (version doesn't matter), buttons 4 and 5 are currently not working for player one. Player one button 6 (as well as all player 2 buttons) work fine. Just to test out other components, I even swapped it with a different donor pcb, but no matter what I try, those two buttons don't work. When I used the same boards/cables with my friends multi instead, the buttons worked, so it seems to be an issue with my multi board itself. Please advise!

First, thank you for your service as the mayor of Metro City. I'm glad you got your daughter back.

Did you try the buttons directly, without going through the entire harness/setup you have?

Connecting the buttons directly to ground should be an easy enough test and it eliminates any potential issues with your cabinet or harness.

That's what I would do, to be certain.

Hello.

It is not the harness/setup, as replacing just the multi board with my friends multi board (but keeping every single other piece intact including the same kick harness) resulted in the buttons working.

Other than connecting the kick harness, I'm not sure how to test "directly" as you mentioned. I'm not the best at this stuff, but I thought what I did before eliminated the other potential variables.

Thanks for the help! And yes...I too am glad the kiddo is safe. :)

Are you using the same C board on both cases? And the switch ON/OFF is in both cases on the same position?

Hello.

It is not the harness/setup, as replacing just the multi board with my friends multi board (but keeping every single other piece intact including the same kick harness) resulted in the buttons working.

Other than connecting the kick harness, I'm not sure how to test "directly" as you mentioned. I'm not the best at this stuff, but I thought what I did before eliminated the other potential variables.

Thanks for the help! And yes...I too am glad the kiddo is safe. :)
You should first follow DarkSoft's advice regarding the C board and on-off switch.

From the manual:
Screenshot_20220825-123732-284.png

If that didn't work:

How I would test the buttons are as follows - I would connect whichever pin is button 4 or 5 to Ground. 1 of the kick harness pins is Ground (maybe even 2, I forget). That would close the circuit and activate the button.

I would use 2 Dupont wires with exposed conductors on the end, 1 on Ground, 1 on button 4 pin and I would touch there exposed conductors together and see if the button registered. I'd also be very careful not to touch the exposed conductors to anything else.

Maybe it's excessive, as your kick harness and buttons should be doing the same thing, but it eliminates any questions related to your harness.

At least test the connection (with power off) between the kick harness pins for buttons 4 and 5 and the micro-switches. Make sure there's continuity.

Are you using the same C board on both cases? And the switch ON/OFF is in both cases on the same position?
Yes, the same A board, C board (92641C-1), and kick harness was used.... and the on/off switch was not touched at all (it is in the ON position). Using only a different B board my friend also purchased from you, everything worked perfectly.

Yes, the same A board, C board (92641C-1), and kick harness was used.... and the on/off switch was not touched at all (it is in the ON position). Using only a different B board my friend also purchased from you, everything worked perfectly.
OK, maybe there is something wrong with your kit. Please PM me and we'll sort it out.

Back