What's new

Ermac

Student
Reaction score
A few days ago a friend bought a cps1 A board on AliExpress, the pcb works fine except the audio, the audio is lost when turning it on, the sound lasts less than a minute and goes away and you end up hearing interference sometimes, my friend asked me for help to repair it. The pcb had poor quality parts throughout the audio section and the entire audio section was replaced completely with original components from another dead cps1. Z80 processor was replaced, the 3 mixer preamplifiers, Oki M6295, Yamaha 2151, Ym3012, Ha1301 Amplifier, Ram tmm2015, Pal Sou1, 3.57 mhz quartz crystal, surface mount resistors and capacitors, the electrolytic capacitors were also replaced with new ones , the volume potentiometer was changed and the problem still persists.
In the image I show are exactly all the components I replaced. Has anyone had a failure like this?

View: https://youtu.be/eYF7_zIiPvw?si=PydEUZ7SXRqO-2-m

Attachments

• IMG_20240218_232154.jpg
    IMG_20240218_232154.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 37
Well, that's nothing new. Chinese have been using A Boards from QSound games (aka CPS1.5) and populated them with poor quality components. Many people had problems with this. I would replace whatever is still not changed by you on that audio section. Ideally have a look at a regular CPS1 A Board as you may have still some missing components in that chinese hack.

Well, that's nothing new. Chinese have been using A Boards from QSound games (aka CPS1.5) and populated them with poor quality components. Many people had problems with this. I would replace whatever is still not changed by you on that audio section. Ideally have a look at a regular CPS1 A Board as you may have still some missing components in that chinese hack.
The problem was now solved, I had to change several almost all the surface mount ttls, unfortunately I have no way to test those surface mount ttls since the B floor is in the way and I do not have a socket for those ttls in my tester, I had to replace them massively until the problem is solved

Hello friends, I have a cps1 street fighter champion edition 920513 that had the audio disappearing, but it started working normally again without doing anything, now the audio is changed, Ryu is speaking sagt's lines and, sagat is speaking ryu's lines, the C card is very bad, I don't know if it has something to do with audio, I have little knowledge, the card had a graphical fault, I erased all the eproms including the audio ones and recorded it again, the graphical fault resolved but the audio keeps changing the characters' lines persists, where should I start looking?

board A - 89626A-4 dash
board B - 91634B-2
board C - 92631C-6

I looked at the 3 boards, there is no breakage, there is no loose socket, just board C which is a bit old and ugly. I currently don't have another C board to replace and testing would make it easier to detect the problem, please help me.

I think you should open a new thread. Post some pictures. That might help.

Back