What's new
You will need a hot air station to install it.

you just remove the old chip, place this small pcb on its place and apply hot air. It has already solder so should be quick. The you just check with tester if all contacts work well.

I'll post more info about this as soon as Mitsu has them.

Guess i'm sorta stuffed then, i dont have a hot air station, and don't want to send the multi-kit overseas to get it fixed :/. Don't suppose there's anyone near Brisbane who'd be able to do it?

Guru offered to help to the people based out of Australia. Contact him in this forum or via his blog.

Pablo, when will you start to send the small fix pcb to people?
You could send me three for two other swiss members here.

Pablo, when will you start to send the small fix pcb to people?
You could send me three for two other swiss members here.
I wanted to wait for Mitsu to get his and shoot a short video, but if you feel confident that you can apply the fix, I can send them tomorrow.

PM your address again please.

hi @raziel2001au

If you have no luck with someone from the forum, check local classifieds websites or google search anyone who can do game console repairs or mod chip installs. Give them the instructions and photos of what you need done (8 wire mod is prob easiest for them) and youll be sorted easily. They wont charge too much.

Best of luck

Wondering if you will be contacting everyone from the first batch about the fix? or will each individual have to contact you
about getting the fix pcb?

Been out of the scene for a while, what do we need to do to get our board fixed? I'm also looking to buy another full setup, are these still available?

We tried to first solder (with hot air as described) the print, but it's pretty difficult even with profesionell equipment. So my friend at work soldered it with wires. I would say: "soldered like a boss" ^^ . Looks absolutly incredible if you consider how small it is. And yes it works :D

Attachments

• Chip - Kopie.JPG
    Chip - Kopie.JPG
    680.9 KB · Views: 246
We tried to first solder (with hot air as described) the print, but it's pretty difficult even with profesionell equipment. So my friend at work soldered it with wires. I would say: "soldered like a boss" ^^ . Looks absolutly incredible if you consider how small it is. And yes it works :D
Nice skills there! Where is your friend based and how much he'd charge for fixing one?

Thanks, but he won't do that for money or others. Sorry.

I've recently purchased a second hand multikit. The seller attempted to do the capacitor audio fix but ended up with graphical glitches. Has anyone here ever run into this and solved the problem? If possible, I would like to figure out the solution involving the capacitor fix.
I'm probably gonna have to suck it up and do the 8-wires fix, but it doesn't hurt to see if there's an easier way.

The capacitor fix. Looks basically like the ones shown earlier in this thread.
OJO8Cfu.jpg

The glitched graphics resulting from this fix.
Gp7jzdZ.jpg

I haven't received the board yet, but I'd like to get some ideas now so I'm ready to dive right in and get to work when it arrives.

Back