What's new
My first CPS2 darksoft A.K.A my first arcade ever. My excitement is off the roof 8o :thumbsup:
If you don't mind where did you manage to track down the boards? I have been on the hunt the past two days with no luck. I missed a sweet Japanese green one on Ebay this morning by being too cheap.

Last edited:
My first CPS2 darksoft A.K.A my first arcade ever. My excitement is off the roof 8o :thumbsup:
If you don't mind where did you manage to track down the boards? I have been on the hunt the past two days with no luck. I missed a sweet Japanese green one on Ebay this morning by being to cheap.
for you , if you'll haunt a CPS2 B Board my advice is to grab a REV. 6 or 7 boards factory prepared for DS multi like these with PAL G - here are the rest of them like Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel Vs Street Fighter , Gigawing , SFZ3 , etc (it's the best way to connect this beauty multi game)

I might have one for sale soonish... my Big Blue came with an MvC I don't really care about, I'm just trying to decide if I want to keep it as a backup or not.

If you don't mind where did you manage to track down the boards? I have been on the hunt the past two days with no luck. I missed a sweet Japanese green one on Ebay this morning by being to cheap.
i got mines from some guy in italy that just wanted to get rid of it, sorry :/
I might have one for sale soonish... my Big Blue came with an MvC I don't really care about, I'm just trying to decide if I want to keep it as a backup or not.
talk to kalessinDB he might have a change of heart and do you a solid :D

Please PM if your interested in selling it. I am in contact with some folks on Ebay and Undamned (Brian) about purchasing a original A & B board.

for you , if you'll haunt a CPS2 B Board my advice is to grab a REV. 6 or 7 boards factory prepared for DS multi like these with PAL G - here are the rest of them like Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel Vs Street Fighter , Gigawing , SFZ3 , etc (it's the best way to connect this beauty multi game)
Thanks for the heads up brother.

Question guys, i bought this power supply to go with the CPS2 darksoft setup, should i put the voltage setting on 115v or 230v? I live in USA if that matters.

Attachments

• BD205B10-2250-439F-8B09-FB3BB490C421.jpeg
    BD205B10-2250-439F-8B09-FB3BB490C421.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 149
Hello everyone,

Any modern 27” monitors that anyone suggest to buy to give the cps2 the best picture color and quality that will work with the HAS->OSSC->HDMI ??

No knowledge on that display but you do realise its a bare panel, designed to be mounted inside an arcade cab?

I'd wager it wouldn't be very good, but I could be wrong.

Other things to consider, it may have limited menu / service menu settings and is just a bare panel, no case, no stand, no speakers, no remote etc. It's not a TV.

If you're set on LCD, I'd say go with an OSSC and a OLED from LG. Any of the current lines will work, but I'd say go with one that has a swivel stand that way you can play vertical (tate) games.

The OLEDs help make the blacks look great and get you a little closer to CRT (but not as good IMHO).

No knowledge on that display but you do realise its a bare panel, designed to be mounted inside an arcade cab?

I'd wager it wouldn't be very good, but I could be wrong.

Other things to consider, it may have limited menu / service menu settings and is just a bare panel, no case, no stand, no speakers, no remote etc. It's not a TV.
sorry i was not clear with my plans, my cps2 is eventually going into a bartop cab im going to make, im trying to find a 27” monitor that is perfect for the setup, i saw that one that i showed you thinking it was good because it says its for jamma etc etc.. or maybe a 27” tv would be better?

If you're set on LCD, I'd say go with an OSSC and a OLED from LG. Any of the current lines will work, but I'd say go with one that has a swivel stand that way you can play vertical (tate) games.

The OLEDs help make the blacks look great and get you a little closer to CRT (but not as good IMHO).
thankss!! Ill research the oleds :thumbsup:

Back