What's new
I can mate but usually ssf2 nc comes on a rev 3 or 4 board which means no CN9 connector, instead you will have to solder the chip wires to the cn2 connector like someone has done here, i have the same board as you and i soldered header pins on so i could use my cable.

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 21.33.22.png
Yeah I'm willing to do whatever to bring the game back from the dead. I'll pm you

So, i recently did this mod, since theres a shortage of infinkey's and my A2 board runs fine. My Alpha board started to work, then stopped randomly. Idk if something burned out or was damaged or what. Ive re solder the IC chip and tried it on a different Mobo and still got the same issue. Has anyone had the happen, or know what else i should check? Im getting a red screen and The board is a rev 7.

Attachments

• 16663214109468207215087351848151.jpg
    16663214109468207215087351848151.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 125
So I have downloaded the hex file for xmcotaa to revive a dead Asia COTA.
I have never programmed a PIC with my eetoold TopMax2.
When I import the HEX into the buffer it says loaded and gives me a checksum of BE00h
When I try to program it, it says complete but it reads as all FF

I am sure I am doing something wrong. Do I need to set secure fuses after programming ? I know I am missing something easy, but I have never burned a PIC before.
Any help is appreciated. I made a little socket adapter for the PIC so I dont have to desolder it to reprogram, I just pop it out.

Any help is appreciated.

So I have downloaded the hex file for xmcotaa to revive a dead Asia COTA.
I have never programmed a PIC with my eetoold TopMax2.
When I import the HEX into the buffer it says loaded and gives me a checksum of BE00h

I am sure I am doing something wrong. Do I need to set secure fuses after programming ? I know I am missing something easy, but I have never burned a PIC before.
Any help is appreciated. I made a little socket adapter for the PIC so I dont have to desolder it to reprogram, I just pop it out.

Any help is appreciated.

I am used to opening BIN files and burning them to PROMs and Eproms, I have never used a HEX file as source with eeTools Topmax2

Here are the settings I have access to on TopMax2 for this IC:

1670309873812.png

1670309891109.png

I am used to opening BIN files and burning them to PROMs and Eproms, I have never used a HEX file as source with eeTools Topmax2

Here are the settings I have access to on TopMax2 for this IC:

1670309873812.png

1670309891109.png
bump for help

This may be intended; during the programming process for many ICs, data can be checked after being written but only before the chip is locked. Security is usually at the end of the queue of the programmers tasks. Once locked a PIC will not verify, you'll want to check it in circuit at that point.

This may be intended; during the programming process for many ICs, data can be checked after being written but only before the chip is locked. Security is usually at the end of the queue of the programmers tasks. Once locked a PIC will not verify, you'll want to check it in circuit at that point.
I'll try it again, maybe I locked it right away? I will try another one and see what happens.
Thanks!

Back