What's new
Hi folks! First post.

@Mitsurugi-w — are any of these boards still available? I recently purchased an original tournament battle cabinet just like the one @twistedsymphony posted.

Unfortunately it didn’t come with the A/B boards, and I’m still trying to find a reliable non-eBay source, but I’d like to grab one of these link boards while I can, as a step towards restoring the cabinet to its original shape.

Thanks!

I can build them to order. As for the cabinet the link pcb connects to the b-board pcb and is housed in the same case. So its not really a cabinet thing.

Also you will need four pcbs with 4 link pcbs to have any functionality.

Totally understood. I have no expectation of being able to use the link board, I’m just trying to replace all of the electronics that originally came with the cabinet, as a passion project.

It was originally in my local mall as part of a 4-cabinet tournament battle setup, but a previous owner stripped everything out of it. Right now it’s running a cheapo Pandora box, but I’m hoping to source original A+B boards for it. Photo attached!

I’ll order one board now if I can — may I send you a DM directly as a new member to discuss payment and shipping? Not sure if there are any restrictions on my account.

Thanks

Attachments

• 846833A2-8D24-4B0B-B872-635E01E634C6.jpeg
    846833A2-8D24-4B0B-B872-635E01E634C6.jpeg
    683 KB · Views: 145
Yes — the CRT was ripped unfortunately and replaced with a 20” LCD. The original CRT frame supports are intact, though — finding and installing a working CRT is another thing on the to-do list, along with finding a Q Sound amp.

Update on the link pcb preorders. I have them all 95% assembled. I ran out of the sockets fro the 28 pin dip chip. Doh! I ordered them from digikey so they will be here by Thursday. I have 7 fully assembled so, KidKaos, your 4 will ship today! The rest by the end of the week I hope.

Update on the link pcb preorders. I have them all 95% assembled. I ran out of the sockets fro the 28 pin dip chip. Doh! I ordered them from digikey so they will be here by Thursday. I have 7 fully assembled so, KidKaos, your 4 will ship today! The rest by the end of the week I hope.
Thank you Mitsurugi!! 😁

1: if we could find a patch to speed up the game :love:

And 2 nd : If hursit :thumbup: could make a repro of all the goodies of this game, the long pop :rolleyes:above the cabs and the stickers of the players from 1 to 8 in repositionable sticker 8)

Yes I know I dream :D
:saint:

1: if we could find a patch to speed up the game :love:
Haven't you heard that grego2d with some help from myself, released a tournament version of SSF2X??
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/ssf2x-tournament-battle-announced.21034/

All the GFX were already there in the regular SSF2X, but the network code was gone and some routines had to be changed to support the network. All code was extracted from regular SSF2TB and it was a masterwork from grego2d. This is the TURBO version, so yeah.....faster ;)

See here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/super...ial&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=postshare
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fighters/comments/tu1q18/ssf2x_st_tournament_battle_mod_announced/
https://twitter.com/Fightcade/status/1519576450072031232

In complete seriousness, the tournament battle edition of X has thrown me into a bit of a conundrum.

I own a Big Blue, a link board, and a USA version of SSF2. Do I convert it to SSF2:TB or SSF2X:TB?

I don't have a nostalgic connection to *either* game; the cabinet was originally part of a local tournament battle setup (still has a "1" sticker and all the hardware for attaching the other cabinets), but was gutted by a previous owner. I was planning to restore it with SSF2:TB, but... this is a machine that's meant to be used. A marquee swap is probably the only other change I'd need to make after the conversion.

New Challengers (SSF2) and Grand Master Challenge (SSF2X) are completely different games in design and execution, aside from the speed differences. I know the "turbo" comment was likely made tongue in cheek but I wanted to point that out clearly. Whatever your preference is between these games, that should be what you want to go with.

I have actually seen at least one hack of SSF2 - it's available in MiSTer via update_all script and I didn't even know such a thing existed until I stumbled on it there. Not sure what this hack does aside from messing around with special move properties (fireball speeds, tracking properties, etc). Doesn't seem to change the game speed so maybe that hasn't been figured out yet? Hopefully someone else has or it will be done soon bc I do like this game as an alternative to standard SSF2X. It's just way too slow for my liking.

20220721_095331.jpg

Do I convert it to SSF2:TB or SSF2X:TB?
That's up to you. I like much more SSF2X, so SSF2X:TB is my choice.
Whatever your preference is between these games, that should be what you want to go with.
Yeah, basically that. However take into account that you need 4 machines to run it. less than 4 wont work. This is made having in mind arcades or tournaments, with lots of people, well, at least 8 :) But if you are 4 or 5 you can still play and let the other 3 for the COM. It's still fun.

Back