What's new
@Mitsurugi-w, not sure if a post or a PM would be better, but I just picked up a 3s setup. The buyer said it was working years ago, but untested since. Of course, the battery exploded.

Back on topic, I know from a friend’s cart the setup works, so I need to get a DS cart. Question I have is, does the attached cart look salvageable, or even recyclable for parts? I lightly cleaned it, but I want to check before I purchase a new cart outright. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5171.jpeg
    IMG_5171.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5187.jpeg
    IMG_5187.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5188.jpeg
    IMG_5188.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 70
It's missing the cap and there's a severed ground connection, but other than that it looks surprisingly good. I would try plugging it in.

It's missing the cap and there's a severed ground connection, but other than that it looks surprisingly good. I would try plugging it in.
I did. Before and after cleanup showed this.

Attachments

• IMG_5168.jpeg
    IMG_5168.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 39
My concern is down along the cart edge. Looks like you lost at least one trace down where the acid settled in the cart just above the cart pins.

A stupid question, does your cart with standard sh3 work with and without drive or we have to buy one for each of any cases (no cd and with cd).

A stupid question, does your cart with standard sh3 work with and without drive or we have to buy one for each of any cases (no cd and with cd).
there are two versions. @Mitsurugi-w has been asking me for a version that ignores the fact that there is a CD or not, but it's not simple. I'll have a look someday hopefully soon.

@JoeAwesome sent me his battery damaged cart. As I suspected he had several traces severed from.the cart edge pins. I patched several and it didn't boot and eventually decided to try I Sonic clean. After the clean several MORE traces severed at the edge. So I patched those and long story short, it's working again.

1000009224.jpg

1000009229.jpg

The solder is far enough up the pins that the cart socket isn't affected. Also patched 3 pins on the opposite side of the edge. I also replaced the destroyed smd cap right next to the battery.

@JoeAwesome sent me his battery damaged cart. As I suspected he had several traces severed from.the cart edge pins. I patched several and it didn't boot and eventually decided to try I Sonic clean. After the clean several MORE traces severed at the edge. So I patched those and long story short, it's working again.
The solder is far enough up the pins that the cart socket isn't affected. Also patched 3 pins on the opposite side of the edge. I also replaced the destroyed smd cap right next to the battery.

Great job fixing those traces to the edge connector - what a PITA!

Back