What's new

FakeNoose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone is selling a cps3 with a dead cart (pic is with a known working cart) and I'm curious if this issue is fixable or if it's an expensive drink coaster now?

Attachments

• 231586099_3716176591816174_9011236034968450171_n.jpg
    231586099_3716176591816174_9011236034968450171_n.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
I say no, I have a motherboard with a similar problem & haven't found anyone to fix it

Not worth the $250 hes asking. at most $150 if the cart is t battery leak damaged and can be reflashed and the mb used for parts to repair another. And maybe reuse, sell the cage he has with it.

I think the general rule should be that if you don't have any clue how to fix it, don't buy it.
If you do and lack confidence, don't buy it.

Failing all that if you don't have someone lined up who's HAPPY to do the work BEFORE you buy it. Just don't buy it.

Also, when you can, buy a good one and then you'll just need to buy it once.

My guess with the screenshot you’ve sent is that it’s an issue with at least one of the graphics customs or possibly the PPU.

The PPU is an enormous challenge to change out and you would need to salvage one from a board that could have a similar problem.

I would pass on that. Especially for the price. As others have said there’s no guarantee that the SIMMS and cart are good

My guess with the screenshot you’ve sent is that it’s an issue with at least one of the graphics customs or possibly the PPU.

The PPU is an enormous challenge to change out and you would need to salvage one from a board that could have a similar problem.

I would pass on that. Especially for the price. As others have said there’s no guarantee that the SIMMS and cart are good
The simms arent even included, so this is hard pass at that price.

Back