What's new

SubScorpion

Student
Reaction score
Every once in a while when I turn on my CPSII multi I'm greeted with this screen:
20220718_110749~2.jpg
It just freezes right here. If I turn it off then back on, 99% of the time it boots just fine after that. Is this normal behavior or is there something potentially wrong with my kit?

What are your voltages at? Try bumping it up a bit to 5.10 at the edge and report back after a while.

What is measured at the JAMMA edge or by a voltmeter isn’t necessarily indicative of what chips are receiving on the board.

What are your voltages at? Try bumping it up a bit to 5.10 at the edge and report back after a while.

What is measured at the JAMMA edge or by a voltmeter isn’t necessarily indicative of what chips are receiving on the board.
Just checked and it's pretty steady at 5.3, which I guess is a little high but everything works fine other than the occasional solid color screen freeze in the pic above. It doesn't do it often, just once in a while and like I said is usually fine after I turn it off and back on again.

I’d drop your voltage down to 5.1v max. 5.3 is way too high and could be the cause of your issues or have damaged some components on either your CPS-2 hardware or multi itself.

I’d drop your voltage down to 5.1v max. 5.3 is way too high and could be the cause of your issues or have damaged some components on either your CPS-2 hardware or multi itself.
I toned it down to where I'm getting 5.5 at the edge connector and I'll report back of the issue persists.

Yea if a cps2 freezes at the boot test screen or keeps reseting its usually a power supply issue, had this on my dynamo cab i was seeing a good 5v at the edge connector under load yet every so often the game wouldn't boot, turned out my power supply had bulged caps, put a new one in and never had the issue since.

Back