What's new
I have been testing with casting and molding and it has been giving me some excellent results. The guns shells that will be available from me are: Namco/Named classic gun, Time Crisis 4, Crisis Zone, and Cobra the arcade.

I have been testing with casting and molding and it has been giving me some excellent results. The guns shells that will be available from me are: Namco/Named classic gun, Time Crisis 4, Crisis Zone, and Cobra the arcade.
Sick Well if you ever want to also do show and tell and talk shop when we have bright ideas my discord name is The Manchurian Autist#0310

Sick Well if you ever want to also do show and tell and talk shop when we have bright ideas my discord name is The Manchurian Autist#0310
Sure, I will definitely check it out as I have a few ideas and might need a bit of troubleshooting help :D

Update 10/07/2021: I was successfully able to make my own fully working version of the rare Namco IR emitter. I have been spending days trying to figure it out and made my fully working THT prototype pcb. I wasn’t fully satisfied with the tiny ready made IR LED emitters as they weren’t powerful enough, overpriced, and they didn’t last long (a month is the estimated life span). While my prototype is much longer, I have made a smaller, more compact SMD version (that should fit in the NAMED gun shell) which should arrive soon. This was just something I wanted to solve while I wait for the next step of this project! :)
020773AC-C74B-4E27-9BB6-A3E439E16CD5.jpeg

I could use some spare original Namco style gun shells someday (because of the grips designed different).

I could use some spare original Namco style gun shells someday (because of the grips designed different).
I’ll see if I can hunt down an original set, at least one that isn’t in terrible shape. For right now, the Named clone ones will be available :)

Update 10/07/2021: I was successfully able to make my own fully working version of the rare Namco IR emitter. I have been spending days trying to figure it out and made my fully working THT prototype pcb. I wasn’t fully satisfied with the tiny ready made IR LED emitters as they weren’t powerful enough, overpriced, and they didn’t last long (a month is the estimated life span). While my prototype is much longer, I have made a smaller, more compact SMD version (that should fit in the NAMED gun shell) which should arrive soon. This was just something I wanted to solve while I wait for the next step of this project! :)
020773AC-C74B-4E27-9BB6-A3E439E16CD5.jpeg
Will you make a kit for this IR kit to use in time crisis 3?

Yes, the IR kit will be cross compatible with Vampire Night and Time Crisis 3. I will make a second version for Crisis Zone.
I definitely need a set for my Vampire night so when you get these done, put me down for 2 and let me know how to pay for them.

I definitely need a set for my Vampire night so when you get these done, put me down for 2 and let me know how to pay for them.
Sure thing! You’re definitely on the list for the first batch of custom guns! Just make sure you also have the compatible TMIU or Rays PCB so the guns can work for vampire night. :)
AAEF1AB8-69C2-44AE-B205-12CCB7A4701D.jpeg
F287040E-84F5-4E88-A102-9E3282073AE4.jpeg

Update 10/14/2021: I got my prototype SMD version of the IR pcb and I’m very pleased. It’s not pretty but it is my first ever pcb design. I will be testing it out once the SMD components arrive. I have made a smaller THT version of my design and it also works. Here are some pics!
7BC6D64F-8B41-4F65-A538-FE598426183B.jpeg
E6412299-0484-4CD0-A2E1-E3DE57FDE11C.jpeg

Is there any or other kind of ccd camera to use and compatible with this project and how many ccd camera ro use in time crisis 3

Is there any or other kind of ccd camera to use and compatible with this project and how many ccd camera ro use in time crisis 3
Here’s what I have gathered from testing some cameras: the original cameras are Sony branded and are black & white NTSC composite video cameras with a piece of IR filter acrylic on the lens.They run off 12 volts DC. All regions, even PAL regions use this NTSC 60hz camera. They do have adjustable pots so brightness levels can be turned down or up. That’s something modern CCD cameras, especially cheaper ones don’t have. I have tested color cameras and they don’t work as well as they pick up surrounding light sources. Vampire Night and Crisis Zone use one camera. For Time Crisis 3, each player uses one camera. So, if you want a two play setup, you will need two cameras, two I/O boards, and two guns. For Crisis Zone, you’ll need one camera, one I/O board, and one gun. For Vampire Night, you’ll need one camera, one I/O board, and two guns.

Here’s what I have gathered from testing some cameras: the original cameras are Sony branded and are black & white NTSC composite video cameras with a piece of IR filter acrylic on the lens.They run off 12 volts DC. All regions, even PAL regions use this NTSC 60hz camera. They do have adjustable pots so brightness levels can be turned down or up. That’s something modern CCD cameras, especially cheaper ones don’t have. I have tested color cameras and they don’t work as well as they pick up surrounding light sources. Vampire Night and Crisis Zone use one camera. For Time Crisis 3, each player uses one camera. So, if you want a two play setup, you will need two cameras, two I/O boards, and two guns. For Crisis Zone, you’ll need one camera, one I/O board, and one gun. For Vampire Night, you’ll need one camera, one I/O board, and two guns.
Hey guess what bois & Franco?! I picked up a full Crisis Zone cabinet for 900 hunksie since the tv is out. which since I have another TC2 with a newer TV in it but a bad memory board I guess i could swap it.. HOWEVER I got it so we can do more testing if needed because with your IR replacement discoveries and Chris Nightingale's POC mini crisis zone cabinet.. I can just see a way that in a year or less we could make a tutorial on how every time crisis fan can get some parts slap it together and skip all the bullshit of renting trucks and hauling these things up and down flights of stairs!

I haven't had a chance to tear it apart and find the CCD but now i have 2 CCD's one untested and one that is in a machine and now.

Will post back what I find!

That’s awesome dude! What a find! I did manage to reverse-engineer the IR gun pcb and both my THT and SMD prototypes work absolutely wonderful! However, my first prototypes are for the Namco/Named handguns. I will make one for the Crisis Zone gun. I was also able to pick up a NOS Crisis Zone gun shell and I will be making molds and castings of it.
As for your broken TC2 pcb, you can try to hunt down another PCB and swap out the ROM version pcb or a secondary Memory pcb. Chris Nightingale’s mini Crisis Zone pedestal cab is a very genius way to have a cab if you don’t have space in your home. I can see some people would want something as compact as that.
I can just see a way that in a year or less we could make a tutorial on how every time crisis fan can get some parts slap it together and skip all the bullshit of renting trucks and hauling these things up and down flights of stairs!
It’s not just slapping some parts together and calling it a day, the worst part about setting up the gun games (and any other game)is the wiring. Luckily the connectors, wire, and the arcade manual with the wiring diagram (in PDF) are available but it’s whether the person would have the time and patience to set it up themselves. The wiring can be found on EBay but in my opinion, it’s way overpriced, it’s cheaper to make the wiring yourself than to buy it used. Setting up TC4 from scratch was quite an experience lol! I will have to make some arrangements with my guns when it’s time for the wiring as each wiring harnesses can be slightly different.

That’s awesome dude! What a find! I did manage to reverse-engineer the IR gun pcb and both my THT and SMD prototypes work absolutely wonderful! However, my first prototypes are for the Namco/Named handguns. I will make one for the Crisis Zone gun. I was also able to pick up a NOS Crisis Zone gun shell and I will be making molds and castings of it.
As for your broken TC2 pcb, you can try to hunt down another PCB and swap out the ROM version pcb or a secondary Memory pcb. Chris Nightingale’s mini Crisis Zone pedestal cab is a very genius way to have a cab if you don’t have space in your home. I can see some people would want something as compact as that.

It’s not just slapping some parts together and calling it a day, the worst part about setting up the gun games (and any other game)is the wiring. Luckily the connectors, wire, and the arcade manual with the wiring diagram (in PDF) are available but it’s whether the person would have the time and patience to set it up themselves. The wiring can be found on EBay but in my opinion, it’s way overpriced, it’s cheaper to make the wiring yourself than to buy it used. Setting up TC4 from scratch was quite an experience lol! I will have to make some arrangements with my guns when it’s time for the wiring as each wiring harnesses can be slightly different.
I agree, its not YouTube simple but for arcade junkies like the folks on this website I think that its a lot more easy in the sense of cabinet BS and monitors being the hardest part to come by. The idea in my head is to make it like a shopping list and it cost WAYYYY less than a full size cab.

btw YEAH WHY ARE harnesses so expensive for what you get?

I agree, its not YouTube simple but for arcade junkies like the folks on this website I think that its a lot more easy in the sense of cabinet BS and monitors being the hardest part to come by. The idea in my head is to make it like a shopping list and it cost WAYYYY less than a full size cab.

I'm going to take a guess and say it really comes down to the JST and other connectors used with some of these I/O boards which is why people go for the premade wire harnesses.

For some people, getting those end bits and making the connections is a p.i.t.a. Hell, even I've been known to solder up whatever connectors I could find if I didn't have the correct ones. Sometimes just saying forget it and soldering the wires direct to the boards lol.

@subjec2change I totally agree with you! For arcade enthusiasts and/or people who want to get into the hobby, a punch list of what pieces are needed will absolutely be nice. I will definitely make a video and a post on how to setup all these Namco gun games for home use. Once you get the hang of setting one up, the rest of them will be pretty easy as you can use the same wiring harness with some custom adapters. That what I do at least, for ease of use.
I’m guessing used wiring harnesses are expensive because they are already made and original. However, they tend to have issues, especially if the crimps on the wires become loose because of age and heat. I had to remake the whole wiring harnesses for the TC4 gun as it was totally destroyed due to its age and they were known for being destroyed easily. If possible, I totally recommend making the wiring yourselves unless you either salvage them from an existing cab or get them for free. I might consider making some wiring harnesses for sale, especially some custom made short ones, not for cabinet use.

Finally got round to looking at my Crisis Zone again, @Franco23444 did you ever identify what the stock IR LED was? I have the actual Namco board here but the only marking on the LED is "9K", looks like TO-46 or TO-18 package, looking at data sheets they seem to be practically the same dimensions and lead pitch (i'm unsure what distinguishes one from the other).

Back