What's new
Sorry I haven’t responded back, tbh, I kinda gave up on this project 🤷‍♂️
:(
I try to explain better , I find the cab for free, and is complete only missing the power supply. I use a pc power supply to start the machine and start, but I can't configure the gun, during the procedure say always out of monitor
so I don't know if the problem in the camera, the ir emitter the is too low or the power supply the whit low power ( I use 3.3v directly from pc power supply )
During the test I'm able to see a low red light coming from the ir emitter , the gun motor work .
what can I check and how

in case I need a new ir emitter what is a good replecement for the original gun pcb?

IMG_3202.jpgIMG_3204.jpg

This is how the PCB looks like (I don't have a spare for sale)
But I have schematics somewhere, if you want it.
Can be reproduced pretty easily, except I don't known where to get that bi-metal temperature protection switch SW1

Or if you mean RAYS pcb, it is harder to get, but it pops up on eBay time to time
https://ebay.com/itm/354201688488
As https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/namco-jvs-i-o-pcbs-documentation-list.18832/post-292855 suggests - it is fully compatible with CrisisZone
i have this part but I don't know if work good , like I write in the other post , so I need some help to find a solution and have back a full working machine

Problem solve , the 5v was too low so the gun ir sensor have low power and no work , I do a new connection and now all work good
Thanks to all have help me

I you have a working link for the camera ? and you can tell me all the spec of the camera you have buy , I need to replace the camera in mine cab, but I have the original bracket and ir filter
I see that link is dead.
I bought the camera from this store

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/4929020?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000061.1.5e591dbcPCdNF5

this model looks to be the same

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...bb16688376043381144e3823!12000025344261273!sh

although they do sell newer 1200TVL models

Hey guys, I'm trying to convert my TC3 DX CRT to a CAMERA edition.
So far I got:
- 2 original cameras
- 1 RAYS PCB

I'm missing the wire harness though, and I'm not sure what/where to get it. Any hints?
Also, I'll be converting the guns to be IR. Anything I should know?

Thanks!

So far I got:
- 2 original cameras
- 1 RAYS PCB

I'm missing the wire harness though, and I'm not sure what/where to get it. Any hints?

Thanks!
I can help, one clue is the CAM DX manual for TC3 is available online and has the wiring diagram. If you need anymore info DM me and I’ll get in contact. I don’t want this thread to clutter too much

So far I got:
- 2 original cameras
- 1 RAYS PCB

Thanks!
I how you connect the camera to the arcade machine pcb ?
the original camera have 4 cable
+12v
+12 ground
video signal
video signal groun

but your camera have a 3 cable connector(I suppose +12v +12v ground and video signal ) + oder multi cable connector (I suppose Is for the setup )

so I need n help to wire correctly the new camera, because the game stop work another time and now I suppose the problem is the camera because in gun test mode never says out of screen also if the gun is out or in cab bracket

but your camera have a 3 cable connector(I suppose +12v +12v ground and video signal ) + oder multi cable connector (I suppose Is for the setup )

so I need n help to wire correctly the new camera, because the game stop work another time and now I suppose the problem is the camera because in gun test mode never says out of screen also if the gun is out or in cab bracket
Camera GND can be connected to 12v GND.
My camera also has 3 wires. +12V, GND, Signal

Hi everyone, just a bit of an update to this long old project of mine. Well, I have decided to go ahead and open source my reversed engineered IR gun pcb pcb for all of you to replace/repair your cabs or play with the original hardware you may already have. I will upload my KAD pcb designs when I find them and I hope I still do but it does have some issues. It’s functional but isn’t perfect. It doesn’t fit in a gun case properly as I didn’t have the exact measurements and some parts can be replaced with better alternatives, especially the IR LED emitter. If you guys are more pcb design proficient, you can absolutely improve on my design. Like I said, hopefully I still have the files and I’ll upload them here soon. I call this project finished for now :)

One thing I forgot to mention, I’ll also try to recompile my parts list as well, it’s been quite a while so I don’t really remember what I used lol and I also hope to see @lukemorse1 make some Vampire Night gameplay on his channel ;)

Last edited:
Here are the Gerber files for the IR pcb. the mockup of how it looks is on the bottom. hope you guys can improve upon it. this is my first pcb I have designed, so it looks extremely rough lol.
1676939144747.png

Attachments

• Gerbers.rar
    22.2 KB · Views: 88
I've had my Vampire Night board around here for quite some time and needing the guns to get it running. Hope to be able to play it here soon!

If anyone are sittning on a Rays pcb or V221 tmui (Vampire night) i am very keen on laying my hands on it.
Please let me know. Mine is defective and want to make my cabinet complete.
Regards

Joining the party late…
I have a upright standard crises zone that just arrived.

Issue:
Gun only works after 5-10min but very iffy
it gets pretty good after 1 hr

Any suggestions?

Observations:
Everything has been cleaned.
Noticed the camera aims at the back of the cab behind the mirror, the back of cab is green.

The mirror is not needed for gun to work.

So I assume the ir from gun goes through the glass mirror onto the back wood (green) and camera reads its position.

Big improvement:
When I tried with no mirror, and shooting or moving gun aiming at the green rear, the gun tracked really well.

Conclusion so far: and question for others…
It seems to me that my ir isn’t powerful enough to penetrate the tinted mirror well enough for the camera to see it well.
**looking down the gun sight, the led looks very bright red

However I don’t know why I get no tracking when fresh on, and gradually after 5-10 min it gets better and better….

After reading on here, I should hope it’s the ir?
And not the gun board- right?

I can’t see how a camera would improve by getting warmed up.

Still to do…
Check from cold with no mirror to see if all works well.
Check volts from psu and gun board

Back