What's new
The ability to spoof the coin meters may not be a bad idea. Some games require them to even boot. My S-JIHP spoofs the meters for that reason.
That's already taken care of. The coin meter absence is captured as a status report from the I/O for every coin read command from the motherboard. All I have to do is report that everything is OK, which is all my code is ever going to do.

Board order has been submitted! I didn't order too many. In case something doesn't work out, I don't want to be out too much money. If there's enough interest to warrant another batch, I'll order up some more.

I'll work on putting together a BOM and make sure I can still come in at the $25+shipping DIY kit price.

$25+shipping DIY kit price.
Sorry, there's no way I can make this happen.

Having to order parts in small quantities really added up quick. Without the board even considered, the parts alone needed for one board are coming to about $25 when my shipping charges to get the parts get factored in. I don't know why I thought these parts were going to be so much cheaper.

So here's my dilemma: I want others to be able to use this JVS I/O replacement, and I have been having a lot of fun working on it. The time I've spent designing the board and coding have been fun and I don't expect to necessarily charge for the time that has gone into development. However, when we're talking about managing communication and taking orders, ordering parts, dividing them up, packaging them up and shipping them off, that sounds totally boring and not anything I really want to do. That sounds like "work", and I've already got a day job.

I'll have to sell DIY kits for like $50+shipping if I even want to see about $20 per order, which honestly isn't even worth it to me. I've got another hobby project I sell and it's way more lucrative, so my time would be better spent there.

I'm fine managing a few orders for friends on this forum at this price, but not sure how much beyond that I will want to do.

It's probably not going to be available in the long-term unless I partner with someone else who enjoys the aspects that I don't.

After you sell you initial offering to whomever you want here I would be willing to put together kits and sell them and pay you a royalty on each. If I pay to produce blanks myself I will pay a royalty for each sold. If you pay for the blanks I'll pay you the royalty up front.

Similar to what I did with Miisalo and the ST-V selectors.

PM me if it sounds cool.

After you sell you initial offering to whomever you want here I would be willing to put together kits and sell them and pay you a royalty on each. If I pay to produce blanks myself I will pay a royalty for each sold. If you pay for the blanks I'll pay you the royalty up front.

Similar to what I did with Miisalo and the ST-V selectors.

PM me if it sounds cool.
Not that you asked me but it sounds cool :) :)

Hmm... is there any way to use this project to get something I want? :P

If anyone had a working, netboot-able Type 3 Triforce for trade, I could see trading for a number of assembled units of the MEGA JVS.

Oh, yeah... I never officially announced this: It's called MEGA JVS! :P

MEGA JVS.png

Awesome!
I'm still in for two of them, but I'll need some advices for assembling the kits

I'd be interested in 2 of these as well. Future project is to setup a dual racing setup.

I might as well throw my hat in as well and would like one

I was excited because the boards are in transit and DHL has the estimated delivery date as today, but I checked tracking and the package only just left Hong Kong... I doubt it's going to get from Hong Kong to my door in the same day. X/

I was excited because the boards are in transit and DHL has the estimated delivery date as today, but I checked tracking and the package only just left Hong Kong... I doubt it's going to get from Hong Kong to my door in the same day. X/
too good to be true! :(

I will buy you 2 Mega JVS, too. Just waiting you receive all parts !

Thanks for all the interest, everyone!

There is definitely more interest than I'll be able to fulfill on my end. I'm going to have more blanks than parts to fill them out due to the parts pricing. I didn't want to invest hundreds of dollars into building up inventory.

I'm in talks with @Mitsurugi-w to see if it's worth his time to fulfill orders instead of me.

I'm also wanting to get some more testing done before making it more widely available. I currently only have OR2SP controls available to me, so I don't have a way to test fighting games and such to make sure maxing out inputs is responsive enough. I may attempt to build out a wiring adatper for my abandoned 2 player 6 button cab just as a testing platform.

Back