What's new
Yup using a I-PAC won't bar you from using other USB based keyboards.
No matter which it detects first (the real keyboard or the PAC) the key mappings inside MAME will remain the same.
However because the mappings are the same pressing buttons on the real keyboard will translate into player button presses if using/running MAME.

And you'll always have this problem so long as your HID (ie USB game pads) devices are seperate.
I recommend a JPAC or a JVSPAC depending on your needs.
The idea here is to the PC the PAC will be seen as a single keyboard, the keys assignments will never change unless you change them (ie no more "who ever presses a button first is first player" bullshit).
I use two brook fighting boards, so I don't know.

I use two brook fighting boards, so I don't know.
Are you saying the Brooks is immune from this issue?
IDK because I don't personally own them, but I thought the issue stemmed from how Windows identifies/addresses the USB space.
ie First USB device it sees is the first player, and that can sometimes change in-between power cycles/is unpredictable.

I looked at the JPAC and am trying to piece together how I can have it on my mame pc going to my vewlix 1080p screen, as well as a option for JAMMA. Because all efforts at getting the pc to recognize the usb consistently is not working. My optimal build is to flick the power button, have it boot into mame front end like launchbox, and go. If I wanted to throw a pcb down there I would just remove the harness from the JPAC and connect the board and go.

Are you saying the Brooks is immune from this issue?
IDK because I don't personally own them, but I thought the issue stemmed from how Windows identifies/addresses the USB space.
ie First USB device it sees is the first player, and that can sometimes change in-between power cycles/is unpredictable.
No, I had a serious problem with my Brook, but now it's fixed with the link that Nem gave.

I use my Vewlix as a mame pc cabinet. If anyone ever figures out how to fix the randomly assigned p1 and p2 usb issue im all ears. Whenever I boot up my PC it will make p2 side p1 and vice versa. That is because PC's randomly assign usb's on boot. I've tried a few methods online but they were all very involved and/or outdated.
I use DevReOrder: https://github.com/briankendall/devreorder

This force assigns usb hid of your usb controllers. It’s based on X360ce project. Although primarily designed for Direct Input 8 before the transition to X-Input, most games are coded for backwards compatibility. You can also force it by adding directinput8 globally. At least what I remember doing a while ago. I’m revisiting this again with a new TX3 build.

it’s worked great for my setup in the past.

Any chance of getting one of these?
I have one black subpanel I’m not using, provided you’re OK with also paying shipment from Japan.
Can sell it as a set with buttons, screws, a volume potentiometer and the precious grommet. Just DM me if you’re interested.

Back