What's new
More videos:

This one is longer and shows the death/respawn anim as well as the Game Over sequence for the first time.

Got some pics of the MVS proto too :)

mvs-pr10.jpg

mvs-pr11.jpg

Hey all

I don't know how many of you fine fellas have ordered a physical copy of the game, but beware it won’t be a Q2-Q3 release after all: we have started shipping :P

A first batch of orders was shipped today, these were some “romstick” only orders.

Cart orders will start shipping next week. Essentially, we’ll ship the games following the date or order, but we will occasionally have to deviate from it for practical reasons (like we did today with these first romsticks) so don't bother playing guessing games - we'll do our best to deliver to everyone as quickly as possible of course. :)

Also...

As promised, we are opening the downloads for all currently available versions: Neo Geo (the archive includes versions of the ROM for NeoSD & Darksoft flashcarts, Analogue Pocket, MiSTer, MVSX, ArcadeStickPro, NeoGeo Mini), Dreamcast, PSP and Windows PC.

See our website www.neobyteforce.com for the detail of our offers :)

We will open a worldwide scoring competition at the beginning of April, we hope some of you will join in :)

We're really happy to finally let the game loose, and we're looking forward to the community's feedback. We wish all those who ordered a physical copy a good reception, and thank you all again!

Cheers 8)

I purchased the rom this morning.

It does not work properly on any of my MVS boards with NeoSD. I have tested on MV1C and MV1A. All have unibios 4.0.

There are green '@' symbols displayed during any black transitions.

It seems to work ok on DarkSoft Multi-MVS on the same MV1C and MV1A boards.

NeoSD doesn't exhibit issues like this with any other games.

It works on AES with NeoSD but it ignores unibios Console/Arcade setting and is always AES.

Edit: I did a reset of my neosd using reset.cfg in root and it works on MVS now. Tested on MV1C and MV1B.

The Neo Geo splash is missing the NEO GEO and there's no sound but everything else looks fine.

AES still has issue where it ignores unibios setting for console type.

Last edited:
I purchased the rom this morning.

It does not work properly on any of my MVS boards with NeoSD. I have tested on MV1C and MV1A. All have unibios 4.0.

There are green '@' symbols displayed during any black transitions.

It seems to work ok on DarkSoft Multi-MVS on the same MV1C and MV1A boards.

NeoSD doesn't exhibit issues like this with any other games.

It works on AES with NeoSD but it ignores unibios Console/Arcade setting and is always AES.

Edit: I did a reset of my neosd using reset.cfg in root and it works on MVS now. Tested on MV1C and MV1B.

The Neo Geo splash is missing the NEO GEO and there's no sound but everything else looks fine.

AES still has issue where it ignores unibios setting for console type.

Hey,

Thanks for your purchase :)
Glad you found a way round those glitches. Apparently all seems well now, but it's true that as a rule of thumb, the more you pile up 3rd party/unofficial/hack-cheat functions, the more likely you are to get glitches. For example, we did try, but never managed to get the NeoSD's "bios change" to work with any of our games, so chances are you will have to play in AES mode on your AES, and in MVS mode on your MVS.
The Neo Geo splash / eye-catcher is missing for legal reasons. AES boots direct to the intro, MVS has that mute eye-catcher.
I hope you have fun with the game; do get in touch if you ever have any issues, we'll be happy to help.

Cheers :)

Very cool! I am looking forward to seeing the reviews start to show up for the game. I am seriously tempted to pick up an AES cart version.

Quick question - if the physical copy is purchased, do you also get the download for free? Just curious. Thanks.

Last edited:
Very cool! I am looking forward to seeing the reviews start to show up for the game. I am seriously tempted to pick up an AES cart version.

Quick question - if the physical copy is purchased, do you also get the download for free? Just curious. Thanks.

Unfortunately, our store doesn't allow us to automate this :(
But on the principle, yes - if you purchase a physical edition you can claim the rom for free. But you have to PM / email us about it.

Quick update on the expedition front if some of you are still waiting for their "order shipped" email. There has been a gap in MVS supply, hence a delay with these cart orders; however, we're catching up, and another big lot of orders went in the mail this week. Over 80% of cart orders have now been fulfilled, and all of them should be shipped within two weeks.
Thank you for your patience! :)
Once the last CF order has been shipped, we'll post the trailer of our next game. ;)

Cheers

Back