Reaction score
Received a darius Burst ex. Cab It doesn’t boot

Initial start up gives beep code 4233

Swapped hd and dongle to a nesica 215a (same model as original) error code 900

Swapped video card no go

Reseated cpu and gpu no go

New ram old ram different slots

Cleaned thoroughly

I guess I’m trying to figure out more about how this particular x2 works so I can trouble shoot it more only one monitor is turning on now.

Any information is appreciated

Seems like the game image is tied to the original motherboard. Did you replace all the parts on the original motherboard with the ones from the donor 215A?

cracks knuckles

We're probably gonna need a lot more details before we can help. For example:
  • "Swapped video card" - from which card to which card? Was the card you swapped also flashed with the correct BIOS?
  • 4-2-3-3 on Phoenix BIOS is usually a GPU error. The fact that you swapped the GPU and it still didn't work leads me to think one of the cards you used may not have the correct BIOS. Also, at the risk of offending - are you certain you plugged in the GPU power connector?
  • Error 900 is no USB dongle inserted - did you put the dongle in the correct slot? Are you sure the dongle is working?
I had one of these before and I am pretty sure I tried booting the game on another board and it worked just fine... so I don't think it's actually locked to the original motherboard. I know there is a sticker on them that says it's locked and you can't run other games on the board... but I seem to recall that wasn't the case when I tried it. But it's also been like 3-4 years since that happened, so I don't know anymore.

Hope this helps!

cracks knuckles

• "Swapped video card" - from which card to which card? Was the card you swapped also flashed with the correct BIOS?
  • 4-2-3-3 on Phoenix BIOS is usually a GPU error. The fact that you swapped the GPU and it still didn't work leads me to think one of the cards you used may not have the correct BIOS. Also, at the risk of offending - are you certain you plugged in the GPU power connector?
  • Error 900 is no USB dongle inserted - did you put the dongle in the correct slot? Are you sure the dongle is working?
I had one of these before and I am pretty sure I tried booting the game on another board and it worked just fine... so I don't think it's actually locked to the original motherboard. I know there is a sticker on them that says it's locked and you can't run other games on the board... but I seem to recall that wasn't the case when I tried it. But it's also been like 3-4 years since that happened, so I don't know anymore.

Hope this helps!
The video card I swapped was out of a nesica live version 215a
cracks knuckles

Hope this helps!
The card I used was from a nesicalive 215a I’m sure I plugged it in I do believe I had the dongle in the correct slot (top most usb port) I’ll play with it some more today after getting the 900 error I can’t get it to come back again just black screen.

Do you have photos of both video cards? I am assuming they are both the 7900/979GS? I should've probably been more explicit about that question.

Do you know for sure they're both factory cards, and somebody didn't swap one without the correct BIOS?

The original game checks for two monitors and specific monitor ID (EDID) data. But, you should at least get to 'test of the day' error on the display(s) when using wrong monitors i think.

The problem he's having is that it won't even boot. Perhaps I misunderstood. As I mentioned earlier, I previously owned a working setup (and I'm painfully familiar with the startup requirements).

Maybe what we need is a video showing exactly what is happening to remove any doubt.

The problem he's having is that it won't even boot. Perhaps I misunderstood. As I mentioned earlier, I previously owned a working setup (and I'm painfully familiar with the startup requirements).

Maybe what we need is a video showing exactly what is happening to remove any doubt.
Well after playing with it more today I’m afraid both monitors are probably borked. I’m gonna insert new monitors and after I get those running… get some Edid spoofer things. Then go from there. Right now I can’t get either monitor to power on. But if I use another monitor I at least get video.

Attachments

• C9362286-6A51-40B4-9951-F8478261C817.jpeg
    C9362286-6A51-40B4-9951-F8478261C817.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 62
  • E3C63280-8071-4E30-962F-7748BD7FD2A1.jpeg
    E3C63280-8071-4E30-962F-7748BD7FD2A1.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 59
That's a bummer. I never got a chance to try and see if the spoofing would actually work since I sold the board. I did talk to @tacobell a lot about this and I believe he managed to get it working, so he can possibly help if he's willing.

Otherwise, you may just want to run a cracked version to save yourself the headache.

Good luck!

That's a bummer. I never got a chance to try and see if the spoofing would actually work since I sold the board. I did talk to @tacobell a lot about this and I believe he managed to get it working, so he can possibly help if he's willing.

Otherwise, you may just want to run a cracked version to save yourself the headache.

Good luck!
That would be nice if there is a cracked version out there that bypasses EDID? That would likely be ideal. Considering the dongle maybe toast.

Confirmed that both monitors are dead (card board is temporary) just trying to line it up.

Seems like the aspect ratio is off? I put it to 480 and 720. Idk.. I’ll swap i the other dip switch (I don’t see any dips just a black box) what’s the correct aspect ratio?

Regardless still getting the 900 code so… I’ll try to source an image or a dongle.

Attachments

• FA1876AB-340B-4CE3-83B0-D2B6F7C30259.jpeg
    FA1876AB-340B-4CE3-83B0-D2B6F7C30259.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 62
  • F16E3673-A6CD-406E-B76F-E10856374FF1.jpeg
    F16E3673-A6CD-406E-B76F-E10856374FF1.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 80BA3CF4-D356-4989-B17F-F527423F252D.jpeg
    80BA3CF4-D356-4989-B17F-F527423F252D.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 53
  • E18F7568-AAF0-4DC1-90DC-FB30010E0D62.jpeg
    E18F7568-AAF0-4DC1-90DC-FB30010E0D62.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 20DA3865-F489-4DD5-B1FF-8F2206C408AC.jpeg
    20DA3865-F489-4DD5-B1FF-8F2206C408AC.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 54
Finished putting in two new monitors still having issues. I’m hoping if I get darius to boot the aspect ratio piece of it will be ok in game. Waiting on a dongle from a friend to see if that’s the problem. I still think it won’t help with the edid problem

Attachments

• 767FAC34-B21D-46DD-8A49-CCF5C5A49A8E.jpeg
    767FAC34-B21D-46DD-8A49-CCF5C5A49A8E.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 3CD2C907-F4CE-4CD2-8FBE-413A1B2F5D55.jpeg
    3CD2C907-F4CE-4CD2-8FBE-413A1B2F5D55.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 65
  • E2EB7F68-3037-4601-9253-867353CFD386.jpeg
    E2EB7F68-3037-4601-9253-867353CFD386.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 63
Ok… so I’ve tried two known working hard drives and dongles one from a version b “unlocked” and a regular one. Still system 900 on regular and it just freezes up on ver.b when loading I’m wondering is there a special firmware for the video card or something I can’t seem to get this to boot… it’s a stock 7900gs from a nesica Clive version (the stock one was doa)

I wasnt aware this game ran this level of EDID check its actually looking for the Model Name/ID info, thats kinda wild. I know some of the more modern Japanese LCD cabs can be really weird when it comes to them trying to lock operators out of simple parts replacements lmfao this just seems kinda dumb and I can only think of 1 maybe 2 other cabinet examples off hand that do something remotely like this.

Too bad its not something simple where its like well the board just Expects some kind of EDID period and if it cant find it it wont output. Jubeat will do this and the fix is moving the video cable to the other input port on the monitor because the EDID output fails on the port or something like that LOL.

Last edited:
I’m wondering is there a special firmware for the video card or something I can’t seem to get this to boot

I'm sure I replaced the card on mine from a normal TX2 and had it working.

I wasnt aware this game ran this level of EDID check its actually looking for the Model Name/ID info, thats kinda wild. I know some of the more modern Japanese LCD cabs can be really weird when it comes to them trying to lock operators out of simple parts replacements lmfao this just seems kinda dumb and I can only think of 1 maybe 2 other cabinet examples off hand that do something remotely like this.

Too bad its not something simple where its like well the board just Expects some kind of EDID period and if it cant find it it wont output. Jubeat will do this and the fix is moving the video cable to the other input port on the monitor because the EDID output fails on the port or something like that LOL.
I’m not sure if it’s Edid cause I get system 900 not the other message

DBAC will work with standard 979GS ("7900") firmware used with the TX2. It is not special in any way. GPU is not the problem if you confirmed the GPU is working. It is important to note that it either has to be a real Elsa Gladiac 979GS, or it has to be a 7900GS flashed with the correct firmware.

I don't think you can just switch dongles. My understanding is they are keyed unique to each drive. I might be wrong though so someone please gut check me on that point.

The EDID check is for a very specific LG monitor that was used in the cabinet. You can spoof it with the right equipment, but that's a problem for later IMO. You need to get the game to fail the EDID check first before you start worrying about it! :) The EDID check doesn't happen until the game has already finished booting and begins running the startup checks; system 900 happens when you first turn on the board, before the game even begins the decryption process, so the issue is either the dongle is bad, or the board has a fault preventing the dongle from being read correctly.

Have you tried booting YOUR HDD and YOUR dongle on a DIFFERENT motherboard yet? Are you SURE the HDD/dongle are paired correctly (i.e. somebody didn't just sell you a mismatched pair)?

DBAC will work with standard 979GS ("7900") firmware used with the TX2. It is not special in any way. GPU is not the problem if you confirmed the GPU is working. It is important to note that it either has to be a real Elsa Gladiac 979GS, or it has to be a 7900GS flashed with the correct firmware.

I don't think you can just switch dongles. My understanding is they are keyed unique to each drive. I might be wrong though so someone please gut check me on that point.

The EDID check is for a very specific LG monitor that was used in the cabinet. You can spoof it with the right equipment, but that's a problem for later IMO. You need to get the game to fail the EDID check first before you start worrying about it! :) The EDID check doesn't happen until the game has already finished booting and begins running the startup checks; system 900 happens when you first turn on the board, before the game even begins the decryption process, so the issue is either the dongle is bad, or the board has a fault preventing the dongle from being read correctly.

Have you tried booting YOUR HDD and YOUR dongle on a DIFFERENT motherboard yet? Are you SURE the HDD/dongle are paired correctly (i.e. somebody didn't just sell you a mismatched pair)?
Yes, there a guy with another cabinet in town who has a pair of working hdd and dongle that I borrowed for testing

I did confirm it working with a niko multi.

I’ve tried 3 different taito X2 of various boards with 7900gs

Do you happen to know what message you receive with no I/o or a bad I/o? System 900??

No, 900 is a dongle error. Has nothing to do with I/O.

I'm not sure what exactly the error would be if you don't have working I/O, but that happens after the startup sequence (and after the point where you would get 900 or 901).

Back