What's new
My 2 cents on the FW spinner issue. I was fired up for spinner support and wanted to invest in a set for a long time.

I picked up a cab for the multi and really started thinking about the control panel layout and it suddenly dawned on me that the spinner would really be in the way for most other games. I'd imagine that most of these multis will be put in cabs with a SF2 6-button layout; where would the spinner go?

I've been running a romhack conversion FW board (2 buttons for rotation). I believe most of us were probably introduced to the game this way; FW wasn't a huge release, and I've only encountered it in an arcade once in my life. The 3 button really feels normal to me and I've playing the game this way most of my life.
Agree, a lot of times its what you get used to and becomes your normal that you like, nothing wrong with that. I will say that spinner is my preferred method after having tried both.

Again, there are multiple solutions to the same issue thankfully, so pick what works for you.

One other thing I just noticed; does the multi board block access to the volume pot?
Nope. There is easy access to it. The space between the multi and A-Board is enough to adjust easily. I’ve been doing it regularly. CPS-1.5 games use a separate volume pot on the multi board to adjust volume. This is just like a real CPS-1.5 board.

One other thing I just noticed; does the multi board block access to the volume pot?
Looks like it currently does, but in the end you will most likely be using this multi with the rca output to a sound amp to enjoy the all the qsound awesomeness. But in the end you can surely just adjust it from the side.

Looks like it currently does, but in the end you will most likely be using this multi with the rca output to a sound amp to enjoy the all the qsound awesomeness.
Will the non-qsound games support audio out via RCA?

But Q-sound games will support mono audio via the JAMMA edge i'd imagine?

But Q-sound games will support mono audio i'd imagine?
Yep, everything functions just like the original boards. CPS-1 outputs Mono over the JAMMA edge. CPS-1.5 outputs over the JAMMA edge or QSound via the RCA jacks. My Sentinel Gold Supergun has a switch to turn the JAMMA audio to off and an input for Stereo sound which works beautifully.

I'm debating it. Was thinking about running it in my SFII Champ cab, but also a Magic Sword conversion I just finished. Right now that cab has a switcher for MS & FW (button hack). I guess my problems are mostly 1st world ;)

Correct. It will run the games as intended for 10MHz exactly as they are on original hardware. 12MHz games will run also but if you’re super hyper ultra sensitive to speed differences, you may notice a very minor speed bump or drop.

We’re in heavy testing mode still and if any anomalies are found, they’ll be reported for sure. If you’re waiting to buy a donor board, perhaps it’s best to wait until final testing is done so we can report findings in case there is anything odd.

And as @Mitsurugi-w suggested, short boards at *this point* are preferred, but not the final word. I like (and highly recommend) the short boards personally, more compact and the connector/filter board just snaps the multi together.

Life’s short, and if you’re a true Multi Boy like you claim you are you’ll already have a short 10MHz and a 12MHz and be ready for anything ;)
Bro u already know I got a mercs short board and a battery dash C board Chillin in an ESD box that's ready to go! #multiboyz. I just wanted to clarify for myself and anyone with a 10mHz board that 12mhz games will work on the 10mhz board. This is some serious wizardry to pull this all off. We are truly blessed to have such dedicated and passionate individuals among our ranks.

Honestly, I just spent 4 hours tweaking a Powerpoint presentation that I will complete in 10 minutes: Movement >Perfection.

Yay! Honestly, FW is a curiosity for me. Would be nice to have, but not a deal breaker by any means. Plus, not like I won't be able to play FW on the multi as there is a modded version that uses buttons. Not a deal breaker at all. But yeah, now I have to bow out of the spinners that my friend hursit is producing.

Just a thought, but everybody possibly backing out off the spinners may very well regret it. I think we all know that eventually, FW will be integrated into the multi properly. These spinners are a massive undertaking, and while I can't speak for the people behind the project, I would assume there probably won't be another run of them unless the demand was great. If you miss out now, you may be out of luck completely, or at the very least for quite awhile. Support the project while you can, for tomorrow who knows.

Seems there’s maybe a market for a forgotten worlds spinner adapter board that includes the required ICs, inputs the OG/repro spinner, and can connect into any cps1…

I wonder how much surgery would be required to get it into the cps1 input stream, or if you could simply use the c board headers for it.

Or is this someone’s plan already?

Seems there’s maybe a market for a forgotten worlds spinner adapter board that includes the required ICs, inputs the OG/repro spinner, and can connect into any cps1…

I wonder how much surgery would be required to get it into the cps1 input stream, or if you could simply use the c board headers for it.

Or is this someone’s plan already?
Who knows, I guess there are a few possibilities/routes. Either DS does a refresh of the multi later on that adds support or an addon board for the missing circuitry is made, etc.. Or maybe nothing at all :D I was tracing the circuit out to see how it all wires up, but will stop for now until I have the FINAL production multi in hand, maybe Mitsu will come out with a revised filterboard that adds support.

Not to derail the thread, but if there is enough interest, I can check into reproducing the original panel. My panel also has a very nice original cpo on it, but I don't have the means to scan/repro the cpo. If there is someone who can repro the panel and cpo, I'd gladly send it to them for reproduction.

Im just glad we get all the other 27 games in the library
No. You’ll have all the games in the library with the extra added bonus that Forgotten Worlds will be able to be controlled with buttons and played without the need for a spinner :thumbsup: which itself is good news if you think about it.

Last edited:
Is my SF2 a 'long' or 'short' PCB?

Attachments

• IMG_20211005_205630.jpg
    IMG_20211005_205630.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 92
Back