What's new
I’ve done side by sides with my original C&D CPS-1.5 and it’s 100% the same. I’m outputting to a basic 2.1 Logitech speaker setup on my PVM. I rarely bother with stereo sound but it’s such a step up for the fidelity, clarity and stereo separation. I’ll be doing it more with CPS-2 and 3 going forward.

Even over the JAMMA edge it’s lovely, the “conversions” for CPS-1 never got any of the right music because the original audio relies of the Qsound chip to process it, something unobtabium with “hackery”. This is why this multi is so special. Part of the beauty of the CPS-1.5 games are their rich soundtracks. You’ll be blown away if you’ve never played ‘em right :)

Also, I feel that Nemo is an underrated game. It plays like a CPS-1 game, but it's pretty tripped out, bordering on Pu-Li-Ru-La levels of weirdness...

I've been pondering how to manage the dual sound outputs from the RCAs & Jamma Edge in a regular cab. A 1st gen big blue is just JAMMA edge mono, a 2nd Gen is over RCA into an Amplifier. What are some solutions to get one into the other? 2 Sets of speakers? Or some kind of mixer that could take both inputs?

So basically use a High to low adapter and some kind of RCA switching solution. You could also potentially find an AMP that accepts amplified inputs. I seem to remember having something like that in the past.

Whatever it says in that link. Might be worthwhile starting a new thread about it or searching the forums as I’m sure this has been discussed multiple times before.

So basically use a High to low adapter and some kind of RCA switching solution. You could also potentially find an AMP that accepts amplified inputs. I seem to remember having something like that in the past.
Pretty much and you get the best sound you can.

Hi to Lo converter with isolation
RCA Switcher
Amp, maybe with tone controls
and much better speakers for the cab

So I would budget around $100 on this depending on what you get.

Multi has just 2 cosmetic / functional things to fix, nothing critical. Then I'll ask the suppliers for parts and I will have a clear visibility on the delivery times. Once I know that I'll post here. CPS1 Multi will be available from usual distributors like Save your Games, HighScore Saves or CandyCABClub.
@Darksoft

No pressure; I'm just trying to budget for the holidays and other projects, etc. This hobby has some people with deep pockets; i'm not one of them :)

Wanted to know if you had any idea if this will release this year?

I am very excited for this. So many good beat em ups, what do we have? Punisher, C&D, final fight? I will probably run Punisher first and then try to 1CC MERCS. My original MERCS has glitchy graphics which is a real bummer. My friends and I grew up loving the genesis port.

I am very excited for this. So many good beat em ups, what do we have? Punisher, C&D, final fight? I will probably run Punisher first and then try to 1CC MERCS. My original MERCS has glitchy graphics which is a real bummer. My friends and I grew up loving the genesis port.

Also Captain Commando, King of Dragons, Knights of the Round and Dynasty Wars. CPS1 is a great platform for beat-em-ups! :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to being able to play Final Fight. Take the time you need though. My arcade room is still storage for "in-progress" home improvement projects and the rotator cuff surgery is still just 6 weeks old. Heh.

I'm looking forward to all of them! Even Quiz and Dragons!
It's more fun because you have to guess what answer was correct 30 years ago.
For me everything is just better on CPS1, for example:

Final Fight > Alien vs. Pred.
Captain Commando > Battle Circuit
SF2:CE > SSF2/T
1941 > 19XX

CPS1 > CPS2 (games, I actually prefer the CPS2 hardware)
Hard to argue against any of this.

I am really looking forward to the medieval multiplayer games Knights of the Round and King of Dragons with friends!

And Forgotton Realms.... ||

Back