What's new
74682709-F87A-4796-91ED-F3DD9FFE986F.jpeg

Yea looks good, I don't believe the drive label matters (DARKSOFT) but I did leave mine blank.
I'm not really sure, so many of these issues are caused by formatting or coping files I assumed that would be your issue as well.

What’s your 5v power line reading at the jamma edge, under the load of the mvs+ds_multi?

I have a mvc1 board it’s a consolized mvs I’m running 5v 4a it should be enough to power the multicart The light lights up on the multicart

The entire setup was given to me to check. I created a new microSD card and get the same behaviour. The system under load draws about 5.05V. Also, this MVS does have Unibios V4 installed on it already. The net of it is that it behaves exactly the same if the Darksoft cart is installed or isn't installed; you get the cross hatch pattern on screen as if there's no cart present.

I will next try the darksoft on my MVS in the arcade machine. I don't think there's anything wrong with the consolized MVS as it plays original carts and 161-in-1 perfectly fine.

If I understand correctly, the Darksoft cart should still work, even with the Unibios V4. correct?

What could cause the 5V rail to drop on
The entire setup was given to me to check. I created a new microSD card and get the same behaviour. The system under load draws about 5.05V. Also, this MVS does have Unibios V4 installed on it already. The net of it is that it behaves exactly the same if the Darksoft cart is installed or isn't installed; you get the cross hatch pattern on screen as if there's no cart present.

I will next try the darksoft on my MVS in the arcade machine. I don't think there's anything wrong with the consolized MVS as it plays original carts and 161-in-1 perfectly fine.

If I understand correctly, the Darksoft cart should still work, even with the Unibios V4. correct?
Yep, was helping out VLAD earlier and tested the update files on my OMVS and multiMVS setup locally to confirm the directory setup. I managed to update my multiMVS cart successfully and sent him a .zip of the exact files I used, but it didn't seem to unblock him either.

Thanks for testing the setup for him, I was afraid that the board was DOA via customs.

Since it isn't operating on two different MVS boards, it sounds to me like the Multi cart is bad, unfortunately. Normally the cart will apply the updates and remove the "update" files from the card. If the "update" files are still present on the SD card after letting it sit powered up for several minutes then the cart isn't executing bootup code. The file system layout in the screen shots looks correct to me.

Paging @Darksoft and @Mitsurugi-w .

It really seems like the Multi is unable to see/read the SD card, potential damage to the card port?
As no files are deleted, I'm assuming no updates are being preformed and this might be a reasonable explanation as to why.

I think after having Leon test it he can confirm it’s the multicart darksoft seems like a good company and have been helpful throw out I’m sure they can solve this issue with me special thanks to Leon and avram for testing and helping me

It really seems like the Multi is unable to see/read the SD card, potential damage to the card port?
As no files are deleted, I'm assuming no updates are being preformed and this might be a reasonable explanation as to why.
Yeah, I was derping around with my cart to test the update process, it's typical that the cart gets the a crosshatch briefly, right? With my cart, I saw the following for the update process:
  1. Green screen when MV1C is powered on
  2. wait 5 seconds
  3. boots to cross hatch
  4. wait 15-20 seconds
  5. MV1C reboots
  6. boots into multiMVS menu
From my testing, powering the system off at the crosshatch without waiting (step 3), the update folder had the cpld, flash and top removed, but the menu folder was left intact and populated. After the 15-20 second reboot, the menu folder was cleared out.

seems to me that my multicart behaviour is the same with it inserted or not inserted! It can’t read the cart just like if it wasn’t even there! when darksoft opens it up they can check what’s causing the issue! I think I did what my part it’s up to them to do the rest!

The cart has been returned to the original owner (see above replies). It's located in Toronto, Canada. Vlad, can you reach out to Darksoft as you're the owner of the cart to try and get it resolved?

I’m still waiting on my darksoft cart to be repaired I sent it out April 7 any information on when I will receive it back please thanks

Back