What's new
for now yes. It's normal. Should be fixed with next version of menu.

My Multi is always having trouble loading games. Sometimes he loads slot 1, but slot 2 and 3 do not. Sometimes he invites all 3 games. Again and again problems with individual games. Backup clear and latest firnware and menu are on it. It is not running properly. Again and again problems loading games. Sometimes it also hangs on Slot 2 or Slot 3. Pulstar shows it to Rome is illegal and does not

1st post updated with latest firmware! Please update. This should fix all knnown issues, specially some random hangs when switching slots.

It has date of 27th July which is when it was released to testers.

1st post updated with latest firmware! Please update. This should fix all knnown issues, specially some random hangs when switching slots.

It has date of 27th July which is when it was released to testers.
new Firmware is very good.

I thought that functionality was depending on the menu, rather than the firmware?

I remember that too but reading the changelog I thought that something was change.

Not a big problem anyway

I remember that too but reading the changelog I thought that something was change.

Not a big problem anyway
I might be wrong, but it is my understanding that the last firmware actually implements the function, but there’s no new menu yet which will implement the user interface in order to activate the function.

Regards.

Locutus73

Anyone else having trouble with the update?

I took out the card, went into the update folder, made a new folder called menu, and dropped the new flash.img file in there. Deleted the BUFF file (and later for good measure the SLOT1,2,3 to be safe) and put it back in the cart.

Now the cart isn't recognized, just get the stock test pattern screen.

Take the card back out, check it, the menu folder inside update is gone, seems like it took. Repeated the process to be safe, same thing, cart doesn't work, menu folder once again gone.

Any suggestions? This is a 4 slot, was working fine with previous version.

Why did you put the file in a folder called menu?? It should be in the folder called update.

Now probably the menu is corrupted and that's why you see the pattern. Try updating the menu again and then the flash.img and let us know how it goes.

Why did you put the file in a folder called menu?? It should be in the folder called update.

Now probably the menu is corrupted and that's why you see the pattern. Try updating the menu again and then the flash.img and let us know how it goes.
Because the instructions say "Just copy in \update\menu" :)

Trying again!

@Aurich "Eventually ifyou are updating the firmware or the menu, you should create a folder called \update andplace the given files there"

What I see on the first post with the download is: "* Automatcially copy the files of /updated/menu to /games/menu when doing a menu update."

and

"Notice that with new firmware you dont need to copy the menu in both \game\menu and update\menu. Just copy in \update\menu"

Seems pretty clear that you're supposed to put it in a folder called menu, if that's not the case I'd rewrite the post to reflect that. :) Not sure where the text you're quoting is from, I did a search for it and don't see it.

Anyways, neither here nor there, I tried putting flash.img in update raw, no menu folder, same result. Taking the card back out shows the file is gone, but still just a test pattern on boot.

"* Automatcially copy the files of /updated/menu to /games/menu when doing a menu update."

This is what's written in the startpost, it means it's a new feature of the latest firmware, since before you were required to put the menu files in both the update AND game folder, now it does it automatically from the update folder.. :)

Edit: updating the firmware is in the attachments of the startpost, file is called Neogeo_Instructions_v1.11.pdf.

Back