What's new
Good to know! Thanks! I will have a look for it!

If you have already got one for your HAS, please,
1) could you tell if the buttons mapping works straight forward well with Street Fighter 2 and sequels.
2) how is the buttons mapping with the Neo Geo games?
3) Also have you have a chance to test the buttons mapping with Mortal Kombat?

I know that you can program a customized mapping with HAS but if it works straight forward well, it would be great!
Thanks
1. You can open the Sigma and reconfigure the button mapping to whatever you want. It just has the wires for the buttons and stick going into a socket and you simply pull them out and place them to whatever mapping you want. As Smiley guy already mentioned, the HAS also lets you remap on the fly, so that is an option as well. On my two Sigma sticks (for sale), I deleted start/select with plugs and recapped start to one of the smaller buttons up top.

No clue on NG or MK mapping, but there are adapters you can install between the board and supergun to convert IIRC.

1685920653182.png

All you really need to do is gut the old internals and make a DIY harness with the pinouts above.

Crimp using .110" quick disconnects and have a twist cap ready for common ground. Personally, I use 22 AWG UL1007 for my wires.
Thanks for your text but I might need to know a little more.. If you know about any tutorials it would be great.. I need to investigate about it

1. You can open the Sigma and reconfigure the button mapping to whatever you want. It just has the wires for the buttons and stick going into a socket and you simply pull them out and place them to whatever mapping you want. As Smiley guy already mentioned, the HAS also lets you remap on the fly, so that is an option as well. On my two Sigma sticks (for sale), I deleted start/select with plugs and recapped start to one of the smaller buttons up top.

No clue on NG or MK mapping, but there are adapters you can install between the board and supergun to convert IIRC.
Thanks! Please, send me the link of your controllers for sale, so I could have a look.

@Crown Arcade Shop What's the pinout? Is this the same pinout as UD-USB, RGB HAS, Minigun, etc.?

Edit: Looking at some known DB15 pinouts, all varying pins would be user-mappable anyway (they're all buttons, not lever directions, +5V, etc.) since they all have to be compatible with Neo Geo. So there shouldn't be anything problematic as long as it's Neo-Geo compatible.

Last edited:
That is very interesting! Thanks! I am gonna investigate on it... I don't understand how the button harnesses work? I can't see any ground chain (?) Perhaps a guide about how to use this kit can be useful!
Harness has individual ground for buttons not daisy chained. This is a convenient way to replace individual buttons.

@Crown Arcade Shop What's the pinout? Is this the same pinout as UD-USB, RGB HAS, Minigun, etc.?

Edit: Looking at some known DB15 pinouts, all varying pins would be user-mappable anyway (they're all buttons, not lever directions, +5V, etc.) since they all have to be compatible with Neo Geo. So there shouldn't be anything problematic as long as it's Neo-Geo compatible.
neogeo.png

It has pinout compatible with 4 button Neo Geo and 6 button DB15 interface. Pinout is also silk-printed on the bottom of the board.

neogeo.png

It has pinout compatible with 4 button Neo Geo and 6 button DB15 interface. Pinout is also silk-printed on the bottom of the board.
Thanks for your reply! The HAS got the same pinout and that is great!
I am still didn't get how to connect the harnesses to everything... sorry! If you could share some detailed pictures about how to connect everything and/or if you have a small guide about, it would be great! ...Also, If it is compatible with any joystick/buttons on the market like Sanwa or Semitsu ...Thanks!

Thanks for your reply! The HAS got the same pinout and that is great!
I am still didn't get how to connect the harnesses to everything... sorry! If you could share some detailed pictures about how to connect everything and/or if you have a small guide about, it would be great! ...Also, If it is compatible with any joystick/buttons on the market like Sanwa or Semitsu ...Thanks!
It is super easy to connect harness to buttons and lever.

20230609_173957.jpg

I posted a picture of the harness for the A & button for example.

On the wafers the bottom side is "SIGNAL" and upper side is "GND". Simply connect the two wires to the two terminals on the button. The terminals on the button side are interchangeable.
The same goes for all buttons and 8-pin levers.

For 5-pin lever, I put the JST wafers and just connect it.
But for the seimitsu lever, you may need to adjust the order of the pins yourself, which is easy to do with tweezers.

It is super easy to connect harness to buttons and lever.

20230609_173957.jpg

I posted a picture of the harness for the A & button for example.

On the wafers the bottom side is "SIGNAL" and upper side is "GND". Simply connect the two wires to the two terminals on the button. The terminals on the button side are interchangeable.
The same goes for all buttons and 8-pin levers.

For 5-pin lever, I put the JST wafers and just connect it.
But for the seimitsu lever, you may need to adjust the order of the pins yourself, which is easy to do with tweezers.
Hi! Thanks for your reply!
I can see some details in your attached picture that I couldn't see on your website.. I you could share some more pictures I would like to have a big picture of the things. Thanks
For instance: would be great to know the corresponding DB15 PIN of your indications on the board... that is just to know for instance if A is the corresponding button 1 etc..
I didn't get what harness you are going to sell. That looks different from what you have on the website.
Is it possible to connect two buttons to the same PIN? In order to get a layout like the one below? (Sorry, 'P' would be 'B')
IMG-5642.jpg

I am not an expert, but I like the Sanwa lever, which one would you recommend for it? I don't know the difference between the one with 5 or 8 pins.
Sorry for all these questions, but I am sure that some pictures of the possible setup would help a lot! (also a datasheet of your Fighting board). There is a small picture where you show the wiring setup for 8 buttons on your website.. I would like to know and see more about it.
I would like to build two arcade sticks in July and I am trying to collect as much info as possible before to do shopping... Thanks

@RGB

Probably one for the distant future - considering all the HAS pre-orders, etc - but I was wondering if there was any chance your AV9000TB to NeoGeo/DSUB15 design on OSH Park could be revised to be compatible with Sigma 3TB sticks?

The Sigma 3TB uses the same 13 pin DIN as the 9000TB - but Sigma have very slightly changed the pinout. Pinouts are listed for both about half way down this page:
https://w.atwiki.jp/sigma-denshi/sp/pages/14.html#13PIN 新型

It looks like pin 13 has changed from '+5V' on the 9000TB to 'Rapid fire output' on the 3TB - I'm guessing because Sigma moved the rapid fire options from the 9000TB stick itself (on the AV7000/9000TB combo) to the AV1 supergun (on the AV1/3TB combo). Obviously, though, I'd just be wanting to use the rapid fire on the HAS, anyway!

No idea how viable this would be...but it would be awesome to be able use these sticks with the HAS! :)
Pin 13 is the same, it’s +5V. Look at the female connector diagram below the one that says 連射出力. Tanaka-buchou thought it’d be fun to change the name on a diagram to fuck with silly foreigners is all 😏. The only reason this controller needs +5V is to power the turbo function (switches are below each button). I own two of these sticks and matching supergun.

Attachments

• IMG_8616.jpeg
    IMG_8616.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 22
Back