What's new

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks to the work of some talented guy, we finally have Decathlete working on STV!!

The game is in IMO working perfectly. At least I couldnt find any glitch, but we need your feedback. Not just 2 minute playing, but someone who knows the game or that is willing to play it through a couple of times to see if any glitch in the gfx shows up.

There are 2 versions of this game, an earlier based on Eprom epr18967 and a latter based on epr18967a. You can get both from here: https://mega.nz/file/sNcXDCaa#S7Twt0CD9_0XW6McaETzud3-GM8yZl0BBauLplzDBSY

If you find any issue, please provide some detailed feedback with information like:
- details about how to reproduce it.
- BIOS region (specially if non-Japan)
- country selected in game test mode
- 1P or 2P mode
- selected characters(s)
- stage or scene
- any other additional information, which may help to reproduce issue

This is finally happening. Now please go test it with your STV Multi cart!

Thanks!

Last edited:
I can't get it to load on my multi. I just copied the new folder for game 8 over my old one.

it is still showing up decrypted - the screen is all fuzzy.

I have the multibios abs have tried US & Japan with the same results

Attachments

• 9DF7DFC4-5220-458C-BFB4-E796281970A3.jpeg
    9DF7DFC4-5220-458C-BFB4-E796281970A3.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
i played about 90 minutes and only issue i saw was on the podium at the end with the= big chin guy. part of his body doesnt show up for a second. played thru the game twice with him and it happened both times.

also, pole vaulting is hard AF

I can't get it to load on my multi. I just copied the new folder for game 8 over my old one.

it is still showing up decrypted - the screen is all fuzzy.

I have the multibios abs have tried US & Japan with the same results
Something weird happened there. Try deleting your folder game_08 first and then copy the new one as it is. Maybe both versions were merged, or the game that you had previously on game_08 wasn't decathlete.

Something weird happened there. Try deleting your folder game_08 first and then copy the new one as it is. Maybe both versions were merged, or the game that you had previously on game_08 wasn't decathlete.
did that - now my START.wav no longer plays, just makes a pop and nothing loads when i try to load game 8. everything else still works, like die hard arcade loads just fine.

did that - now my START.wav no longer plays, just makes a pop and nothing loads when i try to load game 8. everything else still works, like die hard arcade loads just fine.
Check the integrity of your microsd from windows. Something is odd there.

im gonna try and have my friend over tommorow and test out 2 player. this game is very fun

When I get a chance this week, I’ll run both the original cart and the multi’s versions of Decathlete and compare them.
Always best to do comparisons with the real deal.
Can't wait to hear back.

i played about 90 minutes and only issue i saw was on the podium at the end with the= big chin guy. part of his body doesnt show up for a second. played thru the game twice with him and it happened both times.

also, pole vaulting is hard AF

So pole vault is very easy and fun once you master it. So what the instructions fail to say is that no matter what angle or speed you try to vault at, if your POWER isn't 90% or higher you're not gonna vault. Your character is gonna fall back hard on its ass lol next time you play run top speed and place the pole tip as close to the vault box then once you're up to 90% POWER or higher release the button and once you're mid air hit the A button again to release the pole, then pull UP on the joystick 🕹 to contort your body away from the bar. I'll try to make a video better explaining it. Lol

So pole vault is very easy and fun once you master it. So what the instructions fail to say is that no matter what angle or speed you try to vault at, if your POWER isn't 90% or higher you're not gonna vault. Your character is gonna fall back hard on its ass lol next time you play run top speed and place the pole tip as close to the vault box then once you're up to 90% POWER or higher release the button and once you're mid air hit the A button again to release the pole, then pull UP on the joystick 🕹 to contort your body away from the bar. I'll try to make a video better explaining it. Lol
that makes way more sense

well, there is 2 revisions of this game currently dumped. there is some chances newer revision "Decathlete (JUET 960709 V1.001)", which was used as base for this hack, had something broken while Sega was trying to fix something else in older original revision.

Back