What's new
I've done it, with the wrong screwdriver and definitely stripped some screws slightly... but I mean it worked.

But yeah, recommend getting the correct driver. Once you do that, it's really not complicated.

Is super easy ✌🏻. at least .. for me was easy . i found that when i was in front in the front door apartment …. we bring this up along with other 3 persons . 4 persons , 2 floors , 16 steps + from the front of block enter building where the driver left it .
If i knew , i would have disassembled it after the driver left it in front of the building 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻 (it would have been much easier to climb with it to the 2nd floothe r)
The control panel seems very clean! Did you get it restored from China?

No Bolts just very long screws that hold the front to the back, which is why a quality JIS screwdriver is essential, take it easy and you shouldn't have any issues :)
If I might need to replace one of them, what kind of screws do I have to look for?

To echo all here, I have had to do it multiple times and a proper screwdriver is a must. Astro, NAC and Konami Windy all do not fit through North American standard sized bedroom door frames, but a Blast City will fit if you remove the control panel and slide it in sideways. I remember following these instructions here when i first did a disassembly, but now its fairly second nature. You will need a metric set of sockets too if memory serves.

I have vessel JIS drivers linked previously, but have grown to prefer sunflag JIS drivers for the extra torque the handle can provide. I would also recommend getting a parts bin to store all of the removed fasteners for easy reassembly.

I got my NAC in and upstairs no issue after I'd taken the control panel off it and the monitor was out. Depending where you're getting it from you may want to open it up and give it a real good clean down anyway. There's usually about 25-30 years worth of Japanese arcade grime and smoke inside them. The water I had when cleaning mine was easily the blackest water I've ever seen in my life when I was finished.

You will need a metric set of sockets too if memory serves.
Sorry, which one do you mean?

Yep, I have also thought about the Blast... It will look a bit bigger in my box room... I have also heard that the monitor is a bit problematic compared to the Astro one, but I don't know about that personally. what do you think about it?

I got my NAC in and upstairs no issue after I'd taken the control panel off it and the monitor was out. Depending where you're getting it from you may want to open it up and give it a real good clean down anyway. There's usually about 25-30 years worth of Japanese arcade grime and smoke inside them. The water I had when cleaning mine was easily the blackest water I've ever seen in my life when I was finished.
I thought the control panel of the NAC was unremovable like the AC one

Back