What's new

Tonybolony

Professional
Reaction score
one of my Noirs has distorted sound , checked obvious like bad speaker and bad phono leads, but it niether of thise so was wondering if somebody has some advice for me please ?

Did you just look at the speakers or did you plug the speakers into a different amplifier?

i have tried some good working speakers on it and still distorted, so am guessing the amps toast most likely

It could probably be an issue with the amplifier ICs. It could have gone bad. Too much volume can also cause some distortion. If you’re able to find the amp, check if the amp ICs get hot, if they do get scorching hot, that means that they have gone bad. The op-amp could also be an issue.

It could probably be an issue with the amplifier ICs. It could have gone bad. Too much volume can also cause some distortion. If you’re able to find the amp, check if the amp ICs get hot, if they do get scorching hot, that means that they have gone bad. The op-amp could also be an issue.
which is the OP amp ? or am i been thick

Yep, the op-amp (operational amplifier) is usually used in a variety of audio circuits. For example, one of the most common issues a Mortal Kombat 2 sound board has is a bad op-amp, which can cause the exact same issues you are describing. A bad amp IC will either cause a terrible screeching noise or is dead silent. A bad op-amp can cause distortion/ scratchy audio. I’m not sure what audio amp your cab has but the op-amps on this Namco audio amp can be found here circled in red. Namco usually uses the exact same op-amp IC (SMD or THT) on separate audio amp models they have made over the years.
300E7AC2-237E-4DDC-B6B2-F3D61BA4145D.jpeg

They used 3 op-amp ICs on this amp model.

ok well my amp is different to that one , doesnt have the phono sockets , and comes from another board in the bottom of cab that has the i/o VGA and sound connected into it, thats why i queried where my amp was

so found the issue , its my STD Connect PCB in the bottom of the cab , only issue now is i cant get a replacement, did fine a seller on Ebay who wont ship to the UK , so if anybody will sell me

NAMCO BANDAI STD Connect PCB Arcade Parts 8523960201 i be very happy

Heaps of those Namco STD connect boards on yahoo japan, mainly the single player one (green version) but you do get the white (link) version show up from time to time

Back