What's new
Mark your items as sold
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd really like to know more details on how to identify bootlegs of such a rare, costly board besides the paper serial number tag.

For conversions, getting a reflow on the audio flashes that looks similar to from factory is pretty hard, and likely the easiest tell. (Someone experienced with good gear can do this well though)

Markings on the CPLD will sometimes be relevant as well (but not always).

prog and graphics roms can be programmed through jtag without too much effort (takes a long time for graphics though)

And not just arcade stuff at Surugaya. Went to the store in person and theyh were selling a standard Dreamcast modem as a broadband adapter (labeled and priced as such). I took it up and explained that they're two very different things. Staff said sorry, and put it behind the shelf.

Went back a week later and it was back on sale at BBA price. ><

As for arcade boards, guess I'm lucky the only two I've purchased from there have been OK (TGM2 and CPS2 A-board).

@Stupid Dufus was that the Akiba store? I had some good luck there. But hit or miss with their pricing for sure. The Surugaya stores in Osaka were way cheaper and had better quality stuff.

From what I've read, SDOJ rom was dumped quite some time ago as a precaution since some of the flash rom chips have a tendency to spontaneously corrupt. Why it hasn't been released is anyone's guess. For that matter, SDOJ exa label has already been dumped (the person who told me about this said the security for exa was comparable to that of Arcana Heart 3, which was apparently dumped using a custom driver when it was found the arcade hardware would request a driver for installation when a standard Xbox 360 arcade stick was plugged in), so really it isn't too much of a stretch to say that the public will have their SDOJ some point in the future. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday. And of course if you really want to play SDOJ now without dropping 5 grand, the 360 port is like $200 for a physical copy or like $30 if you can make a japanese 360 account to get it digitally, you could get a RGH 360, you could even use Xenia if you use the right build, people like to bitch and moan about the input lag, but the lag is on par with Switch m2 shottrigger releases, it is tolerable, and there are no better practical options for the time being.

I'm not sure what my point here was, I think I just had a lot on my mind I wanted to vomit out. I will say that when I saw the OP, I was thinking "man if I had the money I'd buy that in a heartbeat", it didn't even cross my mind that it might have been non-original. That was very dirty what you tried to pull, Link.

Why it hasn't been released is anyone's guess
it's still too new. if you look at when other CV1K games made their way into MAME it wasn't until they were 10+ years old and SDOJ hasn't hit that mark yet.
Also the release of the EXA version might extend it a bit as they don't want to potentially hurt the earning potential of the new release.

The people that dump these games are often concerned about preservation and posterity. At a certain age that means a public release of that dump, but if you care about the preservation of arcades that also means NOT releasing games that could potentially damage the developer who is still using that property to stay in operation.

From what I've read, SDOJ rom was dumped quite some time ago as a precaution since some of the flash rom chips have a tendency to spontaneously corrupt. Why it hasn't been released is anyone's guess. For that matter, SDOJ exa label has already been dumped (the person who told me about this said the security for exa was comparable to that of Arcana Heart 3), so really it isn't too much of a stretch to say that the public will have their SDOJ some point in the future. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday. And of course if you really want to play SDOJ now without dropping 5 grand, the 360 port is like $200 for a physical copy or like $30 if you can make a japanese 360 account to get it digitally, you could get a RGH 360, you could even use Xenia if you use the right build, people like to bitch and moan about the input lag, but the lag is on par with Switch m2 shottrigger releases, it is tolerable, and there are no better practical options for the time being.

I'm not sure what my point here was, I think I just had a lot on my mind I wanted to vomit out. I will say that when I saw the OP, I was thinking "man if I had the money I'd buy that in a heartbeat", it didn't even cross my mind that it might have been non-original. That was very dirty what you tried to pull, Link.
sorry,I bought it very expensive Long time ago,really don't know it's conversion until I saw all of your replys,will pay more attention next time, sorry again.

I see, I didn't really consider that SDOJ is still considered a recent-ish release. Don't get me wrong, as much as I shit on cave and exa, I do hope for their success, I just hope that Exa-Arcadia gets a foothold in the US, maybe if it gets picked up by Round 1 USA. I tried emailing them about carrying it last night actually, still waiting to hear back.

Also Link, I may have assumed malice, if you truly didn't know, I apologize for my remark.

I'm guessing this was originally a DFK board. what's DFK going for these days?

eBay profile looks ok to me. .100% positive , mentioning bootleg and conversions

sorry,I bought it very expensive Long time ago,really don't know it's conversion until I saw all of your replys,will pay more attention next time, sorry again.

It would have been less suspicious if you had posted the closeup pictures of the sound ROMs that @buffi asked for on Wednesday. I‘d expect a TON of pictures from all angles before seriously considering purchasing a board that expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back